457-pr ??????

Guest Stu:0

Guest Stu:0

Hi guys,

we head for cairns end of june on a 457 visa( girlfriend is a nurse) Just wondering what the process would be if we decide to go for pr. We do intend to do this once we'r happy over there.

Really i would just like any info anyone may have on the process? is it easyer to do because your already there? is it quicker that sort of thing.

Hope to hear from someone!

Stu

Hi Stu,

Funny you mention that cos we are going out on a 457 and i asked the question to someone who knows and they told me you can apply after 2 years, she emailed me a book with all the information you need on 457-PR do you want me to mail it to you? If so pm me you email address and i will send it on an attatchment as it tells you absolutely in detail everything you need to know, easier me doing that then i dont get it wrong. :D

Hi Stu,

Funny you mention that cos we are going out on a 457 and i asked the question to someone who knows and they told me you can apply after 2 years, she emailed me a book with all the information you need on 457-PR do you want me to mail it to you? If so pm me you email address and i will send it on an attatchment as it tells you absolutely in detail everything you need to know, easier me doing that then i dont get it wrong. :D

We did the 457 for only 6 months then got sponsored residence through my company.

There are two routes for sponsored residence:

a) work for the (sponsoring) company for 2 years then go for PR

b) have your skills assessed by the appropriate body and if you pass you can go for sponsored PR straight away.

Check with the DIMIA website

http://www.dimia.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/ens/eligibility-employee.htm

if you want more info and criteria..

Also

Nursing assessment is onviously a formality as you would need to be registered in the State for the 457 visa. You can apply for a modified assessment with ANMC - only costs A$185. You can then be immediately sponsored for a permanent ENS visa or you can apply for 136 visa as soon as she has 12 months work experience as a nurse - she may have this already and can apply now. If you do apply for 136, you will have to leave Australia for a week to get the permanent visa approved and placed in your passports.

Regards

Tony Coates

MARN 0635896

Archived