Where are you and why?

k8bug79

Hi, we are trying to decide what area to head for. I know the sensible thing would be to visit and chose an area but I don't think that will be possible and tbh I think we would be in holiday mode rather than where shall we move mode.

We origially liked the idea of Sydney or Melbourne because my husband is a chef and I work in theatre production. But having lived in very rural Cornwall for the last few years I am thinking city life might be a bit of a shock. having said that I am not ready to live in rural Australia, the wildlife is a bit to scary for that at the moment, I will wait util I am well and truly aclimatised to it for that adventure.

We thought Adelaide would be good as its seems quite laid back and like the idea of mediterranean climate. Plus it is near (relatively) Melbourne and Sydney so we can alays go to those in time. Then I got to thinking that if we were moving why not go for Queensland for the paradise appeal of it. I don't relaly like the idea of Perth as it seems so far away from anywhere, yet I kno that a lot of expats go to Perth.

We are a family of 5. 6 year old girl, 3 year old boy and baby. So we want somewhere that has lots of family failities, good housing with gardens, good jobs. Good transport because I don't think we'll be able to afford 2 cars.

Can you tell me why you chose the area you are in and what is good about it, what is not so good and whether you feel you made the right choice.

Hi

we came to Qld, mainly because Gary said so,lol. I had never visited Australia and he had travelled all around and thought Qld would be best suited for us.

I love it here, friendly people, very family orientated, great weather and some stunning scenery. We settled on acreage half way between Brisbane and the Gold Coast, to us it is our ''happy medium'' with nothing too far away.

Good luck with your search

Cal x

Guest Working to fish

We came to the sunshine coast ,as i had been here before to check it out ,and felt it was the place we would like.

Has all we need ,and we like it.

Not as much work on the coast as say brizzy or gold coast.

:idea:

Hi I came to Oz last October but like you I thought Sydney but coming from rural Herefordshire it was a little daunting. I then watched a couple of those 'wanted down under' programs and all of a sudden the flight was booked for Bribane and a house rented in the Gold Coast, by December I had bought my house in a suburb called helensvale and we are all settled. I have been to Melbourne and I Like it but in the winter it seemed so cold after up here.. Good luck with your choice.

Archived