return or one way flights?

k8bug79

Hi, we are so early on in the process of emmigrating that this is so prematuer its rediculous but hey I ned to budget. When I lived out in Dubai for a short time it was best to have a return flight booked and just to keep changing the return dates as it was expensive to uy flights out there but the Uk were doing cheap flights. So with this in mind is it better to buy flights in the UK? Meaning buying an open or long return flight taht can be changed for a small charge, or to buy a one way ticket and then get better deals when we need to return in Oz?

Thanks

Hi, we are so early on in the process of emmigrating that this is so prematuer its rediculous but hey I ned to budget. When I lived out in Dubai for a short time it was best to have a return flight booked and just to keep changing the return dates as it was expensive to uy flights out there but the Uk were doing cheap flights. So with this in mind is it better to buy flights in the UK? Meaning buying an open or long return flight taht can be changed for a small charge, or to buy a one way ticket and then get better deals when we need to return in Oz?

Thanks

hi ..i think you will find there is not much of a difference between the both ....our daughters was £699 one way and ours was £769 return ....we booked return as we didnt know if house would sell and may just have to validate ..... although it didnt sell we decided just to rent and stay ....i know with emirates your first change is free and then its $75 thereafter ...much cheaper than booking 2 one way flights

mrs keily

Thanks, yeah it was with emirates I always booked with Dubai and I was constantly changing my flight dates. Even lucked out once, changed my flight to one that afternoon, went to the desk at the airport and paid the £25 picked up my new tickets, then went to check in to be told that if I caught the next flight as this one was overlooked I would get a free return flight!!!!!! So checked my bag in and wet home for a bit of sleep and caught the next one. this voucer could be used at any time absolute bargain for £25!!!!!!!

Archived