Any folks out in Gawler or the Baroosa

Guest cityboy

Guest cityboy

Hello to all.

We are moving out in Jan to Gwler initially, but looking at Lyndoch and Tanunda as possible areas to buy. Any folks already out in Gawler or surrounds, be good to meet up and get some insight into the local areas. We are used to rural living so commutting to the CBD is not a problem. We are a family of 4, two boys aged 5 and 3. I am all go for the move but my wife is a little apprehensive and wants to give it at a year at most. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:arghh:

Cheers,

Cityboy.

Hi,

We lived in Tanunda for about 6 years. Its not a bad area and handy for Adelaide. Gawler is a bit trashed, and too near to Elizabeth, but there are nice areas. Not sure what/where you are working but make sure you look at areas to the east of Adelaide (Adelaide Hills) from Mt. Pleasant as far as Mt. Barker. Plenty of quiet sleepy towns in between. Even though they seem 'out of the way' school bus normally calls at your gate and even the smaller towns have a supermarket. If you want any more info, PM me.

Good Luck

Guest Musicshel

HI,

We are off in a week's time for a few weeks and to work out where to end up hopefully next year. we were looking for somewhere near adelaide but with the country feel although the children would like some atmosphere near by. What is Clare like? any suggestions on where we should look?

Many thanks

Hi, Honestly wouldn't recommend Clare - its a small, 'wine' town with very limited employment opportunities and no social scene to speak of. Its a good hour and a quarter from Adelaide on a winding road. The Barossa towns of Nuriootpa and Tanunda are possibly what you are looking for, they have good facilities, and only about 30 miles from the city. Do you have a job to go to because distances in Oz are quite large - and the daily commute to and from work can often become a nightmare. Try looking at the Adelaide Hills towns, like Mount Barker, Oakbank or Aldgate. These are easily commutable to the city as well as being near the freeway to the eastern states. If you like the seaside, consider Victor Harbor south of the city. Avoid very small towns, such as Eudunda or Robertstown which can be extremely cliquy.

All the best

HI,

We are off in a week's time for a few weeks and to work out where to end up hopefully next year. we were looking for somewhere near adelaide but with the country feel although the children would like some atmosphere near by. What is Clare like? any suggestions on where we should look?

Many thanks

Guest sazzle76
HI,

Many thanks

Hi.

Where are you heading for? We are leaving next saturday for 6 weeks in Brighton. OH has a temp job and im alone with 2 boys ( almost 2 and 4) i saw a fantastic rural property in Mount Barker once and it had paddocks, 6 bedrooms and alsorts for the same price our 3 bed semi isin uk!!!! I will be looking rural for lots of room for the kids to play so think i will be window shopping lots :wink:

Guest Musicshel

Hi, We are off on 21st, that property sounds just what we would like too....

We are staying in Green acres in adelaide but are hope to explore far and wide.....perhaps we could keep in touch out there and let each other know good areas?

Our children are 17, 14 & 11

Michele

Guest sazzle76
Hi, We are off on 21st, that property sounds just what we would like too....

We are staying in Green acres in adelaide but are hope to explore far and wide.....perhaps we could keep in touch out there and let each other know good areas?

Our children are 17, 14 & 11

Michele

Yeh that sounds good! Think I will be picking out some nice quiet places that OH may not appreciate. (He prefers town living):wacko: The trip will help us decide if the house goes on the market when we get back or not... well we have 5 years to make our minds up.

Him working and me renting out paddocks sound like the ideal job for me LOL

Guest Musicshel

We are doing much the same reccie? looking for somewhere in the country with land for our motorbikes/toys/ garage...etc so not to upset any neighbours Lol... and close enough to work and for kids to have friends close by.

Good Luck... any luck we hope to move this time next week for good.

Archived