taking cat back to uk

embydoops

Hello,taking my cat back to the uk,she has her blood test then rabies check done next week and apparentley takes 6 mths for the results but we are going in jan time,does that mean she has to do quarentine for 3 mths? also how much is the flight for her? shes microchipped and registerd any info appreciated x

Guest Yorkie1974
Hello,taking my cat back to the uk,she has her blood test then rabies check done next week and apparentley takes 6 mths for the results but we are going in jan time,does that mean she has to do quarentine for 3 mths? also how much is the flight for her? shes microchipped and registerd any info appreciated x

Have a chat with www.airpets.com

You could put her in a cattery to sit out the wait. We had to do it with our two cats. Came in quite expensive, they had a three month holiday in one waiting for the six months to be up :cute:

You could put her in a cattery to sit out the wait. We had to do it with our two cats. Came in quite expensive, they had a three month holiday in one waiting for the six months to be up :cute:

Hi there thanks for your advise can you give me a rough idea how much it all costs thanks:err:

For cost I am going on a hazy memory as this was December 05! But I think the flights cost a couple of grand and the cattery we did get a reduced rate because of the length of time they were there for. I know they had to fly back Qantas and that we used Dogtainers? They picked them up from the cattery too. Sorry, not much use I know, but we've just flown the cats back to Oz again, and i'm pretty sure the figures for the flights haven't changed much.

Guest rachellh

We're taking our dog back next year and have started the rabies process so the 6 months is up before we travel. You can use pet companies to do the work for you, but it's easy to organise it yourself. Just need to speak to the people at AQIS (www.aqis.gov.au) and find out what you need to do. You can get your vet to help with all the paperwork and then book space on an airline.

You can save about $1000 by cutting out the middle man!

Archived