Emirates baggage allowance

lynne1266

Guest lynseymac88
Incase anyone is interested, I have just received my confirmation of the 50kg baggage allowance.

Very easy to obtain, opened a bank account with ANZ no fees for 1st 3 months or requirement to transfer any amount of money. Once I received my account details just rang the ANZ london office they then sent me a link to the page with the emirates offer on then booked my flights. After booking flights then emailed emirates a copy of all passports and visas and received conformation email back from them stating I have the 50kg allowance.

Like I said no need to transfer any money before you get the allowance which means if you wanted you can book your flights, fly to Oz and if you so wished close your account. There are no tie ins or qualification criteria.

Hey. I'm very interested in this as the 50kg would be SO useful! However i have already booked my flights, do you have to open the account before you book them to be eligable for the 50kg? The fare i have booked is a student one so I dont know if that makes a difference as well.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bob4shirl
Just had a VERY quick reply to the email I sent regarding the 457 visa allowance,

Thank you for your email.

The visa should be for a length of stay greater than 12 months in order to qualify for the additional baggage allowance.

KInd regards,

Neil

Emirates UK

Lynne xx

Hi can you tell me how much Baggage Allowance i can take on Emirates Brisbane to Birmingham UK one way Going to live in UK ,Hope you can help .

Thanks

Guest proud2beaussie
Hi can you tell me how much Baggage Allowance i can take on Emirates Brisbane to Birmingham UK one way Going to live in UK ,Hope you can help .

Thanks

You will probably only get the standard Emirates allowance which for economy class passengers is 30kg's per person checked baggage and 7kg's of carry on.

Additional checked baggage is available for purchase at $70.00AUD per kg.

More details on the Emirates site at:-

Baggage Allowances and Rules | Baggage | Essential Information | Emirates Online Booking and Planning | Emirates

Archived