Emirates baggage allowance

lynne1266

I found this on Emirates web site and thought it might be useful for anyone flying with Emirates one under the UKMOVE1 prom code.

Welcome to Emirates

Additional baggage allowance when migrating to Australia and New Zealand

Emirates is offering an additional baggage allowance totalling 50kgs in all classes for movingPlanet users migrating to Australia or New Zealand. However, this is subject to the following controls:

• It is valid for UK departing passengers holding British passports only.
  • The passenger must hold a valid permanent migration visa stating over 1 year stay. No multiple entry or visitors visas will be accepted.
  • It is not valid if you have a stopover (exit the airport) in Dubai or anywhere else on the way.
  • Tickets must be one-way (no return date or open returns).
  • You must NOT have entered Australia on the visa already.
  • Infants are not entitled to an excess baggage allowance.

PROCEDURE FOR CLAIMING ADDITIONAL BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE

1. Before booking online through Emirates and movingPlanet, ensure you are already in possession of a valid migration visa and you comply with the above conditions.
  2. After booking online, you must notify the Emirates UK Online Department within 24 hours of the booking being completed to provide proof of your visa, so that your baggage allowance can be increased.
  3. The Emirates UK Online Department will need to receive a photocopy of your passport and migration visa either by email or fax, together with covering details containing your name, contact number and booking reference number, found on your online booking confirmation page.

Emirates UK Online Department:

Tel: 0844 800 4842

Fax: 01625 445260

Email: ukonlinesupport@emirates.com

Please note, if tickets are issued without changing the allowance, the allowance will not be granted at the airport on departure. Therefore it is important that you contact the Emirates UK Online Department within 24 hours of booking online.

If you have any problems or questions about this procedure please contact the Emirates UK Online Department on 0844 800 4842.

Lynne xx

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We did all this last week it was quick and easy, Emirates emailed back the day after we sent the enquiry. It is well worth the 50kg each we now have.

TBH, I would never have known if NIGELINOZ would not have clarified it for me so big thanks to him:wubclub:

Just had a VERY quick reply to the email I sent regarding the 457 visa allowance,

Thank you for your email.

The visa should be for a length of stay greater than 12 months in order to qualify for the additional baggage allowance.

KInd regards,

Neil

Emirates UK

Lynne xx

Just had a VERY quick reply to the email I sent regarding the 457 visa allowance,

Thank you for your email.

The visa should be for a length of stay greater than 12 months in order to qualify for the additional baggage allowance.

KInd regards,

Neil

Emirates UK

Lynne xx

OOh it was him who answered ours too :wubclub: Unless they are all Neils!! :biglaugh:

• 3 months later...
Guest milliemoo

Also if you do not book with Emirates directly you will not get the extra allowance either :no: We booked via Dial a Flight and they will only give us the 30 kg even though

we are emigrating on Permanent Residency Visas :arghh:

• 3 months later...
I found this on Emirates web site and thought it might be useful for anyone flying with Emirates one under the UKMOVE1 prom code.

Welcome to Emirates

Additional baggage allowance when migrating to Australia and New Zealand

Emirates is offering an additional baggage allowance totalling 50kgs in all classes for movingPlanet users migrating to Australia or New Zealand. However, this is subject to the following controls:

• The passenger must hold a valid permanent migration visa stating over 1 year stay. No multiple entry or visitors visas will be accepted.

• It is not valid if you have a stopover (exit the airport) in Dubai or anywhere else on the way.

1. Before booking online through Emirates and movingPlanet, ensure you are already in possession of a valid migration visa and you comply with the above conditions.

2. After booking online, you must notify the Emirates UK Online Department within 24 hours of the booking being completed to provide proof of your visa, so that your baggage allowance can be increased.

3. The Emirates UK Online Department will need to receive a photocopy of your passport and migration visa either by email or fax, together with covering details containing your name, contact number and booking reference number, found on your online booking confirmation page.

Please note, if tickets are issued without changing the allowance, the allowance will not be granted at the airport on departure. Therefore it is important that you contact the Emirates UK Online Department within 24 hours of booking online.

If you have any problems or questions about this procedure please contact the Emirates UK Online Department on 0844 800 4842.

Lynne xx

I just wanted to Bump the excellent Thread.

I've tried getting on Moving Planet with no luck but when i called Emirates they are still quoting using this site so presume the code still works.

Thanks Lynne1266 for all the details for people like me who couldn't find them elsewhere.:notworthy:

Steve, Cath and Maddie

Guest Bill_er_Bong

Lynne xx

Hi,

Thanks for this great post...

Can I just ask - who / what is 'moving planet'?

You say infants don't get the extra allowance - what about children? (IE over 2 years).

'The passenger must hold a valid permanent migration visa stating over 1 year stay. No multiple entry or visitors visas will be accepted.'

Do all the permanent visas state the above about over 1 year stay?

Cheers

BB

Hi Cluster,

We booked on Saturday 20/3/10 and used the code when you click on book now, it worked fine and we got our email confirming the extra baggage allowance after we emailed a copy of our passports and visa numbers.

We are going on a 457 and it is going to save a lot of money in excess baggage by having this code to use.

One thing to remember, the code only works for 1 visit on visa. i.e. If you do your validation visit and move permanently another time, you don't get the extra allowance, it is a one off per visa issued.

Hope this helps those planning to use it.

The booking system was very easy to use when we booked which seats we wanted on both flights (1 to Dubai and 1 to Sydney) and which meals we wanted.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest johnnyyt

Just to update this thread the moving planet website is no longer active but Emirates are still honouring the migrant extra baggage.

Go directly to www.emirate.com/movingplanet to book as no webpage for moving planet to follow the links.

Johnnyyt

• 1 month later...
Guest GillianM

Hi there, just been on Emirates, filled out all the details and entered UKMOVE1 and it comes up this code does not exist. Is there a new one?

Gillian

Guest GillianM

Hi Lynne, just emailed Emirates and got this response within 5 mins, very quick:

Thank you for your enquiry.

Unfortunately the Moving Planet offer is now expired.

Emirates standard baggage allowance in Economy class is 30kgs and you also have 7kgs hand luggage for each adult. Two (or more) suitcases may be taken, however the total combined weight of the two must not exceed 30kgs in Economy Class. Please also note that due to Health and Safety reasons any one piece of baggage must weigh no more than 32kgs (with any amount over the above allowances being paid for as excess).

For further information on your baggage allowance and excess baggage charges please visit http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/plan_book/essential_information/baggage_allowances/baggage_calculator.aspx.

Kind Regards,

Annalisa

Emirates UK

Gillian

Guest GillianM

Hi, just came of the phone to Emirates, just thought id ask them if we are emigrating to Australia do we not get double baggage allowance and she said it has stopped. On Economy its 30kg. Obviously if your business or 1st class you'll get more baggage allowance but then the flight prices are more expensive.

Phoned Singapore Airlines as well and she said on Economy it is 20kg baggage allowance and if you show your valid australian visa on passport at check in then it entitles you to another 20kg= 40kg, so probably book with Singapore Airlines now, heard good reports about them to, just with Emirates i can fly from Glasgow re fuel in Dubai then staright to Melbourne. I think you fly from Glasg to London, then London to Singapore then to Melbourne.

Gillian

Guest GillianM

Hi, this is the email i received from Singapore Airlines:

Dear Ms. Hunter,

Kindly note that if all the passengers for your booking (adults and infants/children occupying a seat) hold unused/unstamped/not validated migrant visas that specifically state that you are permittedto remain in Australia indefinitely, then you will be entitled to double baggage allowance when you present those visas at check-in. You can have as many items of luggage as you wish provided:

• the total combined weight of all the items put together does not exceed your total checked allowances
  • no single item of baggage exceeds 32 kilos in weight, as a health and safety requirement

If you are not holding the correct visas at check-in, then you will be entitled to the standard free checked baggage allowance of 20 kilos per passenger (adults and infants/children occupying a seat). In either case, infants (below 2 years) who are not occupying a seat are entitled to a total of 10 kilos as checked baggage.

Thank you for your interest in Singapore Airlines.

Yours Sincerely,

Janet Phillips

SIA UK

Gillian

Thats brilliant. Thanks Gillian. Singapore were our prefered choice anyway.

Nigelinoz got back to me yesterday to say that Emirates have removed the UKMOVE1 code, but they had informed him that it was to be replaced. He is kindly going to contact them on Monday and post on here with their response.

Melanie x

Guest GillianM

Hi, there was hardly a difference in the price with Emirates and Singapore Airlines. Just that you fly from Glasg and re fuel in Dubai then on to Melb. The Singapore Airline was Edinburgh to London, then London to Singapore to Melb, flying with the A380 that everyone has been on about saying how good tht plane was. Edinburgh is only 45 minutes from my home so will be easier for me to travel i suppose. Also having a wee break in London before flight to Singapore.

Gillian

Guest GillianM

Hi Karl, yeah we are going on a 176. Emmirates don't use the UKMOVE1 code anymore and according to Melanie Nigelinoz was phoning Emirates to see if they are replacing the code with another one. Have you been looking at flight? which airline do you prefer. Was going to book Emmirates but think it will be Singapore now.

Gillian

Archived