Just decided to Migrate

Guest Rob1651

Guest Rob1651

Hello everyone, this is our first post the site. My partner and I have been to OZ twice now in as many years and have fallen in love with the country. We also recently visited the London OZ Expo a few weeks back. Although I cant manage the full 120 points required we heard about state sponsorship at the show. This his given us a new lease of life but involves us to live in a state (South Australia, Northern Territory and Tasmania) under the SIR Scheme for two years. This is fine but our long term plans are to live in either NSW or WA. Does anyone know what if any conditions are put upon the scheme that may restrict our long term goal of living elsewhere if Tasmania if its not for us?

Thanks,

Hi ya, we were in the same position the points that were required went up half way through out application. We had to options either go for the family sponsord or state sponsored, as Marks trade was on their list. We chose the second option and are heading to Vicotria on 19 Feb, we realise that for the first two years we will have to live in this state but hey once the two years are over we are free to live where ever we want, a small price to pay for our new life down under, and hey when i visited Victoria was one of my fav states so its even easier.

Good luck :D:x

Hi,

Me and my boyfriend have applied for a SIR visa having been sponsored by South Australia. Its just the waiting game at the moment! After two years, as long as you have been employed for at least 12 months there are a few permenant visas you can apply for. Most of these don't tie you to a particular state, but some may tie you to a particular employer for a set amount of time.

Hope that helps. We haven't gone with an agent and have found the forms etc okay to fill in. You can do most online.

Archived