3 dogs in Perth???

Guest kate1973

Guest kate1973

Hi everyone,

I am still torn between Caloundra Queensland and Perth WA :arghh:although I am considering Perth as more of an option due to practical reasons. I will be moving with a medium and two very small dogs. How hard will it be to rent in both places? I have just read that WA is quite strict with a 2 dog policy. Is this true? How about Queensland? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Hiya the Sunshine Coast also has the 2 dogs per household rule but it is relatively easy to apply for a licence to keep more than the allocated number of pets. Lots of familys in Qld have dogs, it is possible to rent with dogs although if your looking for a new build show house to rent you may come across some problems!lol Even if it states No Dogs on the ad it is worth asking, lots of agents will allow pets if you stick to their rules,, Pay an extra Pet Bond, Have the house pest sprayed when you vacate and some ask you to keep pets outside only. It is defiantely worth getting together a couple of pet refernces from anyone who has cared for or knows your dogs.

Have a look through this link for more information

Dog Registration - Sunshine Coast Regional Council

Cal x

Guest mark&robyn

We have just moved to Peregian Springs on Sunshine Coast. It is a new development. We personally had no trouble at all renting with our large dog.

We have found the area to be very dog friendly, plenty of good beaches.

Good luck.

Guest The Pom Queen

Just make sure you get a council who doesn't have the rule, although most of them do now. Like Cal says you can apply for a permit to keep 3 but it is up to the neighbours as well and you won't know if they will agree until you get here. When I worked at the Veterinary Hospital we had lots of clients come in heartbroken because the council had refused their application and they had to find a new home for their dog. Don't worry if one neighbour disagrees, ask some others on the street, the council understand that not all neighbours get along. The best thing to do when you are looking for a rental is look for houses where there are dogs next door, you then know that they are animal lovers and more likely to sign the council paperwork with no objections. Good luck. Kate

• 2 years later...
Guest dannywh
Hi everyone,

I am still torn between Caloundra Queensland and Perth WA :arghh:although I am considering Perth as more of an option due to practical reasons. I will be moving with a medium and two very small dogs. How hard will it be to rent in both places? I have just read that WA is quite strict with a 2 dog policy. Is this true? How about Queensland? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Hi, did you mover to aus. i have 3 dogs, looks like ill have tp leave one at home. we are lookng at perth x

Archived