Renewing childs passport

jo90

Hiya!

We're set to go in 5 wks! Just wondering whether I should re new my daughter's passport... it runs out next July???

If I re new it and she gets a new passport ( and passport number) will her visa still be valid? We have validated it.

:confused: Jo x

Hi

I am thinking doing the same. My children passport expires on November next year. So probably months before we move in February/March 2010, I am going to renew them. From what I read, it is easier doing that here in UK and cheaper.

I think you just need to bring children old and new passports with you whenever your travel. We currently have another country passport, and my permanent resident stamp is on the old passport, and whenever I travel, I always bring the old passport. So now I carry three passports at once, because the fee to transfer the stamp is 150 pound.

regards

Guest proud2beaussie

I would suggest you renew it now because if you get to Australia and need to renew any passports the process can be tricky as you need to find someone who has known you at least two years to countersign the forms,it's also a bit more expensive here so I would think it's best you do it now and carry the old passport along with the new one when you travel.

Enjoy the flight.

Cheers

Guest johno1

Hi Jo, we fly out in just over two weeks! My younger sons passport had only about 9 months left so I sent for a new one using the Post Office check and send service and it came back within a week. I then sent it up to Australia House toget the visa transferred and it came back within 2 days.

One less thing to sort out when we are over there now...good luck x

Archived