Is there a 6 month holiday visa?

Guest jackie1

Guest jackie1

Hi

My parents want to come to help us move to Oz and stay with us for up to 6 months, they then want to come over each year for up to 6 months.

Is there a visa which allows a holiday of up to 6 months? I know that they can get a 3 month visitors visa and then apply to have it extended but we are hoping to cut down on the hassle and paper work.

Also, because they want to come over every year do they need to reapply each year?

Thanks

Jackie

Guest BrerRabbit

:D Hi Jackie! Been without our computer for over a week so probably won't go to bed tonight while I catch up on the net!

There is a six month holiday visa but I think (?) it's more of a formal process and you fill in an application form AND have medicals done (COST!) . The three month visa is just bought at the travel agents (as you know of course) but they couldcome on that, fly out to NZ/Asia and return for another three month stint. It's valid for 12 months but you can only stay for 3 months at a time. Think this is the easier and cheaper option.

See you'res till waiting, just like us....! :shock:

Guest stubbyholder

yes -Jackie there is such a visa.It's a Sub Class 686 - Multiple Entry visa , that's valid for 4 years, for stays up tp 6months at a time. No medicals needed, we applied last year, from the AHC in London,on Form 48R(from memory) and cost £25 each. Hope this helps.

Tony

Guest ABCDiamond

Reading further......

As a result of this change, clients holding ETA eligible passports will also now be able to apply for a tourist visa allowing them to stay longer than 3 months on the Internet using the e676 system

The new Tourist (Class TR)(Subclass 676) visa will be a visa allowing its holders to stay in Australia until a date specified by the Minister, which will be for a maximum of 12 months.

and:

Onshore applicants holding a 976 ETA (Visitor), the old 676 Tourist (short stay) visa or the new 676 Tourist visa (granted with a stay of 3 months or less) will be able to apply for the new subclass 676 Tourist visa on the e676 Onshore system (previously the e686 system). The visa they are granted will allow them a total period of stay of 6 months from the date of entry on their current visa.

Guest jackie1

Thanks everyone,

You have been a great help, we are just waiting for the final OK for our visa and then we will be arranging this for my parents.

I was emailed last week from Adelaide Processing Centre that they are currently assessing SIR applications lodged on the 1st November and apparently ours was lodged on the 30th November (not 10th May like migration agent promised ! !) so we are hoping that we won't have much longer to wait.

Thanks again,

Jackie

Archived