october reccy

Guest jono67

Guest jono67

hi all, were a family of 4 visiting adelaide in october with a view to emigrating in next 18 months. im a site manager in construction and would like info on good companys who may be looking to recruit in near future. ive 2 kids 6 and 10 ,and would like all the usual help in regards good schools and nice areas to live.

also any recomendations on accomadation would be a great help.

many thanks jon.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sazzle76
hi all, were a family of 4 visiting adelaide in october with a view to emigrating in next 18 months. im a site manager in construction and would like info on good companys who may be looking to recruit in near future. ive 2 kids 6 and 10 ,and would like all the usual help in regards good schools and nice areas to live.

also any recomendations on accomadation would be a great help.

many thanks jon.

Hi Jon.

We are heading out on a reccie on 18 sept til 29 oct!

We are staying in Brighton, i believe its nice all along that coast. i joined poms in adelaide and got some info from there.

The house was found thru takeabreak.com.au i think, or stayz.com.au

We are 2 adults and 2 boys of 1 and 3.

Guest salandgreg

hi

my husband planning to go out September for a reccie too. Perhaps you could meet up. We are a family of 5 , 3 kids 5, 3 and 20 months. moving to adelaide next May hopefully. Live in cheshire also. Would be great to meet up or at least be in touch.

Guest sazzle76
hi

my husband planning to go out September for a reccie too. Perhaps you could meet up. We are a family of 5 , 3 kids 5, 3 and 20 months. moving to adelaide next May hopefully. Live in cheshire also. Would be great to meet up or at least be in touch.

Hi, be great to keep in touch. Is your husband going out on his own? what does he do job wise?

Sally

x

Guest Eddie Sankey

My family and I are moving in October. We done a reccy last year and its the best thing we done. You can have a good look around and make sure you have a car belive me it will help. As for jobs, i looked in the local paper at the wanted ads and there were quite a few then i don't know what it will be like now though. Good luck

Guest salandgreg

he is going out on his own yes- as he can only get 10 days away from work. he works as a business director for Compass, so background is in the food manufacturing industry. Where abouts do you live by the way, as we are in lowton, so it may be worth meeting up in england too if you don't mind. We have medicals this Friday, and then visa will hopefully be granted end September when Greg gets back from Oz

Thank you for replying

Guest daviop

October seems to be the month, we are a family of 5, but only 3 of us are travelling for a reccie to Perth and adelaide 20th to 25th in Perth, 26th to 30th in Adelaide.........

We have got Visas, 175, I am a mechanical engineer, (manufacturing aerospace etc) 3 boys, 8, 4, and 18 mths.

Would be good to share experiences, thoughts....meet up......with others doing the same sort of reccie \ trip in the quest for the ever growing information and paper trail!!!!! And that all elusive oppertunity of employment.

Speak soon??

Dave

Guest sazzle76
he is going out on his own yes- as he can only get 10 days away from work. he works as a business director for Compass, so background is in the food manufacturing industry. Where abouts do you live by the way, as we are in lowton, so it may be worth meeting up in england too if you don't mind. We have medicals this Friday, and then visa will hopefully be granted end September when Greg gets back from Oz

Thank you for replying

We are near Northwich in Cheshire, so not far. Not sure when we are going to get the house on the market, maybe leave it til after xmas. Im quite interested in how I will feel about Adelaide, we fell in love with North NSW and hoped to eventually settle there, but the idea of not much rain in SA does appeal for some reason ;o)

Be good to keep in touch and let me know when the visa comes thru!

x

For both food manufacturing and aerospace type manufacturing, concentrate your suburb search on places within easy reach of the north side of town. Fall in love with somewhere like Aldinga and you'll find you have one heck if a daily commute to employers in those fields! Check out suburbs in the north, north east, east, west, north west, and not too far south. Also check out both Poms in Adelaide and Adelaide Brits forums.

Archived