today in the uk

bunbury61

104f midday ,when i was in derby ( that was in the sun ,not the shade), but its certainly oz like weather.

The one thing that does my head in ,is the traffic .

I had a trip up the m6 today . JUNCTIONS 4-6 ( solihull to the brum city centre turn off )were blocked due to a crash .

I had to take the m6 toll road,which is like doing the m6 in the 60s.

Perfect road with hardly anyone on it .........but heres the rub £ 9.00 for a van ,for a 30 mile journey. The same toll in france 1 euro.

The one thing that would shock any poms returning after a long time away ,is the weather change.

Its hotter,more humid ,and when it rains,especially in the summer .....its tropical ,it hammers down.......enough to cause localised flooding within the hour.

Iam currently sat here at 9.15 pm ,its still light and 26.2c........will i sleep tonight

Guest adey

at least you don't get plagued with flies and mossies like you do down here in Bunbury in the summer months...sure won't miss the flies....OH reckon he becomes a fly taxi as they just love him lol lol

cheers thanks, the house is being packed up on 28th and going up to Darwin for a well deserved holiday as haven't managed to go far since being here. then land back in the UK on 5th August hopefully to catch the last of the nice weather.

Guest mollymo

Moved back because I dont really rate Australia took me about 24hours on arriving back in UK to realise that. I also have red hair and the sun defo isnt my friend not bothered about beaches and cant stand spiders which sort of made oz about the last place on earth I'd like to live ;)

It looks like the UK is warmer than "tropical, sunny" Australia where heating must be switched on for 6 months a year.

Guest proud2beaussie
It looks like the UK is warmer than "tropical, sunny" Australia where heating must be switched on for 6 months a year.

:biglaugh:

That's the funniest comment I have ever seen,I don't know whereabouts in Australia you have been but it's not true where I live.

BTW the forecast for Sydney for the next 4 days (Remember it's winter) is

18,19,19 and 21 celsius while London (Summer)is 19,21,22 and 22 with rain forecast for 3 of those days.

Its interesting about the climate changing in UK as its changing everywhere. Only problem is no aircon in UK and I have to have climate control. I do believe though if the warm weather stays with the UK the little beasties will also turn up in time.

New Zealand is also getting warmer and when we were over there in summer it much warmer than when I lived there.

Today in Melbourne is very pleasant, sunny, blue sky no heating needed, I do not possess an overcoat.

• 1 month later...

try living in Bunbury its surprisingly cold in the winter ok the days are warm 19+ but the nights drop down to 1 or 2 and believe me its damn cold in aussie houses with single glazing, no heating or trying to heat whole house with a few small heaters and as for the windy/wet days wow - those who've lived there during winters months will know exactly what I mean.

We arrived back in the UK 4 weeks ago and so far so good, ok we haven't got jobs but OH hated his in Australia so at least he's got a smile on his face now. So far no regrets about returning but ask me that once winter sets in and I might revoke that comment...then again at least you can walk about here in summer without burning to a crisp and trying to go from shadey place to shadey place to avoid the harsh sunlight. My skin will appreciate my return I'm sure lol lol

Guest Hoys in Oz

Bunbury its surprisingly cold in the winter ok the days are warm 19+ but the nights drop down to 1 or 2 and believe me its damn cold in aussie houses with single glazing, no heating or trying to heat whole house with a few small heaters

Oh, how funny:-)have to agree with you there Sarah, I am really feeling the cold. Been wearing a polo neck since I arrived and PJ'S in bed( a first for me)...and funnily enough, we are less cold at the moment, thanks to your dear friends Kevin and Dawn who have lent us your heaters for a while....;-)

springs starts tomorrow...yippee xx

Ps. thanks for your email earlier, on the case as this unemployment lark does not suit us, sure it is the same for you and Adey too. xx

spoke to Dawn yesterday and she said they'd put the heaters to good use, we had them off a british couple who returned to UK but who are now back in Bunbury, so guess they've helped a lot of people.

Thought you guys might be surprised about how cold it gets in the nights in the houses...hence the warning about bringing layers. I can assure you though that by November you will be back to wearing nowt in bed not even a sheet over you as it will be so hot. Then you'll be buying fans or air con units epecially over the chrissy holidays as that's when it heats up lovely.

Yep unemployment is absolutely mind boringly numbing....its ok not to work if you can afford to do things but if you can't its just endless days. Been trying to see a bit of the countryside around us as we've borrowed some money off Mummy Bank, thank god she's got some to lend. But hoping to get jobs sooner rather than later - well I'd be happy with 3 or 4 days a week but looks like it will be me that gets the job first BOOH and Adey will be my house hubby for a while longer YIPPEEEE he says lol

Archived