Adelaide - here's the goss

Guest oz1970

Guest tester23
i wouldnt say that, even though i lived in WA for 9yrs i never saw one , but ive never looked for them, my west aussie mate asured me there was, more likely HE is wrong. ive also lived in SA for 10yrs, ive never seen a wild one there either. and at the moment im living in the Adelaide hills.[ATTACH]1256[/ATTACH]

Not sure how often you get out, but we regularly see Koalas when walking through Mt Lofty and Morialta falls parks.

Also when cruising in our tinny through the river murray in the Riverland if you look hard enough you can usually spot a couple.

Guest sazzle76

What fab info from everyone!....

just over 3 weeks and I will be in Adelaide!!!!!!!!!!!

Like the Koala spotting idea, gives me something to do with the kids whilst OH is working :o(

Oh, and to look forward to rain... can totally not imagine what that feels like!! LOL

One thing that will be odd is not wondering if it will snow for xmas.

Think im glad we chose SA over VIC now. (even if it is only for our 6 week reccie) :o)

Guest sazzle76
Not long now Sazzle :)

oh god yeh i couldnt sleep last night tho for worrying about the fact our outbound flight has still not been confirmed :o(

fingers crossed tho,

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Sowters

Hi all

Were coming to Adelaide January 2010, you've all made it so inviting. We are travelling blind as we've never been to Oz and we can't wait for the massive change in lifestyle. Thanks for all the tips and advice,

Kind regards

Mark, Tania n Emily

Guest needingtogo

Hi "The Sowters," we are also looking at coming to Adelaide in January 2010 depending on house selling and visa grant.

This thread is just brilliant and I have so enjoyed reading out all the lovely points about Adelaide to my husband.

Enjoy all the preparations and see you in Adelaide.

Bex.x

SA drivers are simply shocking, you have to experience it to understand, the place is great apart from that and the grafitti! By the way McLaren Vale is even better than the Barossa, around 60 wineries with free tastings, terrific food and cleanskins at a spanking $6 a bottle. Welcome to Australia.x

SA drivers are simply shocking, you have to experience it to understand, the place is great apart from that and the grafitti! By the way McLaren Vale is even better than the Barossa, around 60 wineries with free tastings, terrific food and cleanskins at a spanking $6 a bottle. Welcome to Australia.x

Can agree with the grafitti, arrived on Tuesday and couldn' believe from the airport to our temp rental in Morphett Vale the garffiti on peoples fences, really spoils the place. Going to do a trip to McClaren Vale in next few days, so will try your tip on the cleanskins wine. Any other good info. We are looking for somewhere with good schools, village atmosphere with local shops you can walk to, witthin 30 mins of CBD, don't mind North, South, East, West, modern housing, not too many Brits. PN is the closest yet.

Thanks

Jackie

Can agree with the grafitti, arrived on Tuesday and couldn' believe from the airport to our temp rental in Morphett Vale the garffiti on peoples fences, really spoils the place. Going to do a trip to McClaren Vale in next few days, so will try your tip on the cleanskins wine. Any other good info. We are looking for somewhere with good schools, village atmosphere with local shops you can walk to, witthin 30 mins of CBD, don't mind North, South, East, West, modern housing, not too many Brits. PN is the closest yet.

Thanks

Jackie

Try Willunga while you're in the McLaren Vale region, only 5 kms down the Main Road. Schools you can walk to, pretty village, great farmer's market on Saturday, about 40 mins from CBD, 3 pubs (unheard of in SA). Great access to the south coast too, if you go down to Victor Harbor and Middleton right now there are a load of Southern Right whales, some of them mothers and calves, a sight to behold. Best cleanskins from Pertaringa winery, best lunch at penny's Hill or Leconfield. Enjoy exploring, welcome to Australia.

Guest Guest9973
Try Willunga while you're in the McLaren Vale region, only 5 kms down the Main Road. Schools you can walk to, pretty village, great farmer's market on Saturday, about 40 mins from CBD, 3 pubs (unheard of in SA). Great access to the south coast too, if you go down to Victor Harbor and Middleton right now there are a load of Southern Right whales, some of them mothers and calves, a sight to behold. Best cleanskins from Pertaringa winery, best lunch at penny's Hill or Leconfield. Enjoy exploring, welcome to Australia.

I like Willunga as well - three pubs in a lovely rural community!!!

I was down there yesterday and even in that miserable rain it was a pleasure to be there.

Bit too far from the CBD though if you work near there.

I like Willunga as well - three pubs in a lovely rural community!!!

I was down there yesterday and even in that miserable rain it was a pleasure to be there.

Bit too far from the CBD though if you work near there.

Sounds idyllic, just the sort of palce we are looking for, but maybe a bit far from city. OH doesn't want to spend two hours a day to and from work as he will be doing a lot of driving anyway. I like PN as its like some of the little places on the coast where I grew up near Whitby, not really loving other places around. Any other suggestions?

Jackie

Thanks for the tips. Went to Middleton today, did a de-tour to Willunga and really liked it, just what I like. Also went to Gowler and really, really liked that. Would love that somewhere closer to the city. Saw whales for the first time at Middleton, also liked the vineyards on the way, saw kangaroos and parrots for the first time. The alpaka farms are funny.

Thanks

Jackie

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tester23

Well we are actually moving from Adel to Syd. But our time here has been great, and we will miss it, but while we're young its time to experience some new cities

Guest Guest9973
Well we are actually moving from Adel to Syd. But our time here has been great, and we will miss it, but while we're young its time to experience some new cities

If you are young I can see the need to travel around a few more Aussie city's.

Sydney and Melbourne are very interesting but just too busy for me.

Have a great time - ya might come back here eventually:biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tester23

Yeh, being young and in Adel for the last 4 years is enough. Its a great city but we feel we have outgrowqn it for the time being.

May come back, although the other half prefers the Queensland weather...

Archived