Haggling!

Guest Morven33

Guest Morven33

Just as a point of interest, my husband has just informed me that he was advised (get to the point!!!) that when buying anything big in Australia, from white goods, car, house etc. or even bulk items, ALWAYS haggle the price as they are likely to cut $100's off the price. AND even more if you pay cash. For instance he was with his employer discussing cars and was looking at one that was say $15,000 and he advised that he could probably negotiate a couple of $1,000 off that price!!

I thought this was good to know as when I was looking at prices of household items, fridge, washing machine etc. I thought they were pricey. If you buy them altogether from the same retailer you could probably negotiate a good cut:yes:

Your right ,even shops you wouldnt think you could do allow you to haggle ,big furniture shops like A-Mart etc are great for ''getting a good deal'' especially if your buying alot,we bought alot of electrical stuff from a company called Retrovision and we got a hundred or so dollars off which is better in my pocket than theirs!!

Cal x

Guest kelly

thanks for that its good to know, how are you coping with hubby over there, bet you cant wait to get over there.lol

kelly

Guest THE JONEZYS

Paul has got sooooo good at haggling, that most of the shops put up the closed sign when they see us coming!!

We bought all our beds from the same shop and got $800 off the asking price. I am not sure if it was supposed to be that much I think the bloke was so confused he just wanted to get rid of us but even as we headed for the door I got him to throw in some free pillows @ $50 each!!

Lesley

Guest Morven33

I hate being here on my own!! He's only been gone 5 days and I feel as if my arm has been chopped off:sad:

My hubby is a cash man too, loves getting money off something and is always asking "how much for cash?" so he's going to be in his element and will probably insist he comes with me to buy everything. I'm such a wimp when it comes to that.:wub:

thanks for that its good to know, how are you coping with hubby over there, bet you cant wait to get over there.lol

kelly

Archived