Nursing:Advanced Diploma

Guest D&J

I am training to become a nurse and have the option of doing the Advanced Diploma in Nursing. Does anyone know if this is recognised in Australia? The Advanced Diploma entitles you more credits towards a BSc in Nursing Studies (Hons). If Australia requires me to do a separate Degree, would it be worth while doing the Advanced? I am hoping to do some sort of Degree in Nursing, but I don't want to waste time now if I don't need to.

Guest gilly

Hi I am a reg. nurse with a diploma of higher education , not advanced and certainly not a degree. I was worried as all the reg. nurses in Australia seem to qualify with a degree. I have spoken to several people and when I visted the recent expo in London asked a lady from a nursing agency there and she said as long as you have your PIN number in England you will be ok as Reg. nurse over in Australia. Saying that though if I were you seeing as you want to get a degree at some stage I would take the option of doing the advanced as its only a few more credits to get the degree then. Best of luck with it all Gilly

Hi, thank you for the information, that has cleared a few issues for me. I think I am going to go ahead with the Advanced, I suppose it cannot do any harm. :cool:

Archived