Parents Visa - help

Guest ler32

Guest ler32

Hi

I'm British living in Australia, my husband is American but we both have permanent residency. We have two daughters who have tri-nationality.

My parents are desperate to move here from the UK. They have 3 children. Myself and my two brothers. One of my brothers lives in Australia also but has only done so for 1 year and holds a 457 visa, he has been told he needs to wait another 12 months before he can apply for PR, even though he is marrying an australian girl in a few months time.

My parents (mother 54 my father 59) want to be here asap but would like the option to work when they get here. They can afford their own house but would need to do some form of work to pay bills as the pensions they have cannot be drawn for at least 6 years.

We can financially guarantee them and they are in great health. We can even employ them as nannies if needbe, but unfortunately we are being told by visa agent in UK that they cannot even apply for CPV or any other visa to allow them to work as the Balance of family test is not passed.

Can anyone suggest anything. If they wait for my brother to get PR then apply it will be another 4-5 years before they can come here and I really want them to be part of my childrens lives from an early age (2 years and 7mth old) also I heard that they cannot get a visa past a certain age, which worries me.

Any help or suggests are most gratefully received.

thanks

Guest JoanneHattersley

There are lots of visa options but the balance of family test is a big thing with parents!

WHat jobs do they do? Is a 457 visa an option? Could they be sponsored to get here?

Guest ler32
There are lots of visa options but the balance of family test is a big thing with parents!

WHat jobs do they do? Is a 457 visa an option? Could they be sponsored to get here?

thanks johatts - mum is a receptionist and dad a distribution manager, but at their ages don't think they will get a sponsorship for 457

Hi,

Just a idea. My parents knew they would not be excepted from the UK because of my mums health, they had been refused many times before. They came here on a 4 year visitors visa 13 years ago, i know visa's have changed, but they applied to stay from this end. It is much easier to get immigration than to emigrate, this is what we did ourselves 20 years ago. Realise things have changed but maybe worth investigating.

Archived