RSMS subclass 119/857??

Gracie

Hi all,

Here i go again! Since changes to 457 we've been trying to see if there is any other way we can get a visa. So i've been looking at the RSMS. This seems to be an option as Peel and Pilibara have already approved our nomination for sponsorship on 457. And the position is in Regional Australia. I'm assuming the employer won't have a problem changing visa type if it's possible. Oh is a crane driver there seems to be a shortage of these however since they are in group 7-457 is out!

Any advice appreciated! Maybe i'm totally wrong and we're not eligible if so correct me! :biggrin:

Guest sunilke

Hi Grace,

I just been successfully undergone RSMS process. The most crucial step in the process is to get nomination approved. This is not really in our hand but lot depends on sponsor.

Please read Book let 5 available in DIAC site for eligibility criteria.

I don’t know whether 457 nomination would be helpful.

Good luck

sunilke

Guest majortom57

Hi Grace, we came out to Adelaide in 2006 on a RSMS visa, and as sunilke said the crucial stage is the nomination bit. i believe the employer must prove to the state that they have tried all avenues to appoint someone from the local workforce. I guess that would mean an advertising campaign for that position, which has proved unsuccessful.

After that the process flies along pretty quickly, and in some cases can take as little as 8 weeks to complete.

Good luck with everything, hope it goes well for you.

Jim

Thanks a million guys,

I think i may have overlooked something tho. Oh occcupation is in group 7 which if i'm right means a RSMS is possible but only in exceptional circumstances! Not sure we fit in there!!! Any idea what exceptional circumstances you'd have to present to qualify??

Gracie

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Gracie

Very unfortunately, the idea does not work in your own case, hon.

The reason is here:

Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 119/857)

I quote:

Under exceptional circumstances, employees may seek exemption from skill, language or age eligibility requirements.

See: Exemption from Eligibility Requirements

The exemptions are set out here:

Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 119/857)

Hubby is a Crane Driver, which is a Group 7 occupation. Please look at the section on Skill Exemptions. Where the person has an occupation within ASCO Groups 5-7, he has to have spent not less than 2 years living and working in Oz on a Regional 457 visa before he and his employer can make a valid application for an RSMS 857 visa for him.

If the Minister had not seen fit to chuck the Ministerial Spanner into the works the other day, Plan A would have been to get you a Regional 457 visa, get you out to Oz on that for a minimum of 2 years and then upgrade you to Permanent Residency via an RSMS visa at that stage.

The Minister has killed off Plan A. He wants your prospective employer to go and get a Labour Agreement into place instead. The only thing to do is to wait whilst your employer tries to get a Labour Agreement organised, hopefully.

I'm so sorry that I can't say what you might have wanted to hear but I don't want you tripping over your feet either. :sad:

Hugs :hug:

Gill

xxx

Ah thanks Gill,

I kinda already knew that but hoped maybe i missed something. I did contact George today via email. Don't know if the company are interested in entering into an LA. However as i said to George i have both our resume's ready to go if he wants to have a look as i have a few years as a civil servant working as a regional secretary in the court service and also a degree in theology (don't ask!) but i was thinking i might be able to do an add on course to see if i could meet either the teaching requirements or welfare worker or company secretary?

Might allow us to go down the sol route.

Otherwise it's curtains! :(

Thanks again tho.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Gracie

There is no reason to say "its curtains" when you do not know whether the company are investigating getting a Labour Agreement.

My firm opinion is that you and vodkajules should both instruct George Lombard. He would split his fee between you since he would be doing almost the same job for both of you.

Get George to talk to the company's own migration agent - who might well be floundering, not knowing where to start with organising a Labour Agreement etc. George knows what they are, what they need to say and how to negotiate with DIAC about them. He can sort the whole thing out if the Company gives instructions to do it.

George is the key to this because he will be able to jolly everyone else into doing the right things instead of just giving up because they feel that they have become stcuk.

Cheers

Gill

I totally agree Gill. I suppose i'm just afraid to get my hopes again we were so sure for so long that it'd all work out.

I also emailed our contact today in the company to let him know that i had contacted George and asked him to have a look at the situation. But my Oh spoke to the contact yesterday and he still seemed to think they/we might have a shot at a 457! Which i personally don't agree with. Anyway my oh mentioned a LA but they didn't seem enthusiastic but we live in hope i think i'll pm Jules about this and see where they stand.

Thank you so much Gill.

Archived