Emirates or Malaysian airlines?

Guest nfowley

Guest nfowley

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on who would be best to fly with between Emirates and Malaysian airlines? We were going to book emirates and then after reading some reviews, not so sure? We are flying from Glasogw which is the main reason for planning to book emirates (as they fly from Glasgow). Any help would be appreciated!

Guest proud2beaussie

Hi Nicola,

I've travelled many thousands of kilometres with both these airlines and they are both safe,well managed airlines with up to date,well maintained fleets.

If it comes down to personal choice I would always choose Emirates,they have a better standard of

service overall and I would choose them over Malaysian,but Malaysian is still a very good carrier with friendly crew and I would not hesitate to fly with them again,but Emirates is my choice.

Guest nfowley
Hi Nicola,

I've travelled many thousands of kilometres with both these airlines and they are both safe,well managed airlines with up to date,well maintained fleets.

If it comes down to personal choice I would always choose Emirates,they have a better standard of

service overall and I would choose them over Malaysian,but Malaysian is still a very good carrier with friendly crew and I would not hesitate to fly with them again,but Emirates is my choice.

Thanks for the info, that is reassuring to hear. Have you ever done the 10hour stop over in Dubai? If so would you recommend it? We are considering it as the plane from Dubai to Brisbane is the airbus, which seems a bit better than the 777?

Nicola

Guest proud2beaussie

The question of whether you want to spend 10 hours in Dubai is really up to you,I personally haven't done it but Dubai is a fascinating place.

As to the difference between an Airbus and a 777,well they are both modern,well built,comfortable aircraft and I don't have a preference for either.

There is some information about seats on both those aircraft here:

SeatGuru Seat Map Emirates Boeing 777-300 3-Class (773)

SeatGuru Seat Map Emirates Airbus A340-500 (345)

Guest proud2beaussie

Skytrax,which is an industry recognised review site has reviews of Emirates (21 May submitted) here- Emirates Reviews and Emirates Airline Passenger Opinions about Emirates standards

And Malaysian Airlines (16 May submitted) here-

Malaysia Airlines MAS Reviews and Malaysia Airlines Passenger opinions about MAS Malaysia Airlines product and service standards

Archived