Working in Australia

Guest clayton gang

Guest clayton gang

Hi

I have just registered on the forum. My name is Jenny. I am married to Mark. We have four children aged 24,23,20 and 17.

We are just in the process of completing our 136 visa. I have a daughter who can not come out with us on the 136 visa because she not classed as dependant. She has a degree in psychology but can not get a job in the UK. Does anyone know if she could get a job in Australia and get to stay longer than 12 months?

Jenny

Guest Rachel&Stu

Hello Jenny and welcome to the site:jiggy:

Your daughter has a degree in Psychology: have you checked to see if this is a Skill in Demand on the MODL list? Have you spoken with an agent to see what her options may be? On here there are a couple of agents who are very willing to give advice to you, for instance Alan Collett, try sending a Private Message to him perhaps?

Good luck,

Rachel:wubclub:

Guest clayton gang

Thanks for your response. Our agent said it will be difficult because of her lack experience. He said the only way is to go out on a 12 working holiday visa and maybe marry an Australian.

Guest mandyg

lol she as to marry an ozzie to stay oh my god can she put up with mullet haircuts and the grating accent id stick with the 12 month working visa get some experience in her field then apply for a skilled visa better than marrying for the sake of a permenant visa i think unless she falls in love with an ozzy then fair enough but apparantly ozzy men prefer there wifes to be stay at home wifes and have the dinner on the table when he gets home or you get a slap ! Dont know how true this is but have been told from a few friends who left the nhs here to work as nurses over there but from what i can gather a lot of ozzy men still live in the 1950s era so be warned all you singletons out there . lol Im sure they are some nice gentleman ozzys cant all be like that but suppose we still have some guys like that here to lol

lol she as to marry an ozzie to stay oh my god can she put up with mullet haircuts and the grating accent id stick with the 12 month working visa get some experience in her field then apply for a skilled visa better than marrying for the sake of a permenant visa i think unless she falls in love with an ozzy then fair enough but apparantly ozzy men prefer there wifes to be stay at home wifes and have the dinner on the table when he gets home or you get a slap ! Dont know how true this is but have been told from a few friends who left the nhs here to work as nurses over there but from what i can gather a lot of ozzy men still live in the 1950s era so be warned all you singletons out there . lol Im sure they are some nice gentleman ozzys cant all be like that but suppose we still have some guys like that here to lol

Having read your posts on a few threads, you seem to have a very negative opinion of Australia or you are having a big "stir"! If it is the former I suggest that you learn what life is really like in Australia. Australian men are not ,generally , chauvanistic, nor have they mullets or grating accents. Don't know where you are getting your information but strongly advise you obtain another source! As I suggested before, you should just stay in England!

Guest mandyg

oh and i suggest you get your facts right also i mean what is it with you ? Do you actually think your some sort of Queen Bee or something i was merely replying to a thread that had nothing what so ever to do with you . But just for your information Miss know it all i am in rehular contact with a friend in brisbane so probably know a little bit more than you love and for your information Australia is a very nice part of the world but as many bad things init the same as the uk and i dont need a mullett hairstyled ozzy with the gratting voice i aleady have a lovely hubby but each to there own hey !

Guest mandyg

Ellie i may have a negative opinion in your book but im just been realistic love ! Dont pretend to people who are thinking of going over to ozz that its a paradise as that wouldnt be true unless like you they want to live with there heads in the clouds. I get my information from real people in ozz not from a fairy story.

Guest jeffandmichelle

crikey dont let my missus read this

my dinners on the table at 6 every night and she gets up an hour before me to make breakfast, she thinks this is normal, it is isnt it.

surely women are supposed to stay at home, cook clean and look after the kids,,

15 sailors caught in Iranian waters 14 men and 1 woman

who was reading the map..

only kidding..

RE the original question:

when your there if she comes out on a temporary visa she should then hopefully be able to find a sponsor a lot easier even if she changes career for a while

Guest pippycol

I think everyone realises ther is good and bad everywere, its just that there is so much space over in OZ to get away from the bad element.Dont want to be too negative about UK but it is getting worse and every were you look they are building and its not as if we have the space for many more housing estates or shopping centres.

COL & PIP

Ellie i may have a negative opinion in your book but im just been realistic love ! Dont pretend to people who are thinking of going over to ozz that its a paradise as that wouldnt be true unless like you they want to live with there heads in the clouds. I get my information from real people in ozz not from a fairy story.

I apologise to the OP for highjacking their thread but I have to respond to the above quote. I promise it will be the last.

mandyg your responses are negative generalisations. I have never suggested Australia was "paradise" having lived here for over 40 years I think I know better than most on these forms what living in Australia is really like. It has good and bad, like everywhere else on the planet, but in my opinion the good far outweighs the bad. I still think you need another source!

Guest clayton gang

The UK is getting really bad. Last year our son was assulted by a gang of youths because they were different. Dan protected his friend from getting a beating and got one his self.

They beat him around the head. I am only glad that he stayed standing because if he had been on the floor they may have killed him. Instead he had a broken nose and lots of bruising to the head. Surely Australia has to be better than this country.I know every country as faults, but the UK is getting worse every day.

Guest clayton gang

Hi Mandy

Is that right you live in Hull? We are in Hessle. We are also hoping to go to Brisbane.

Jenny

Guest mandyg

Ellie maybe you do know more than me about oz seen as you live there but what i said reg the thread was replyed to with tounge in cheek its called a sence of humor (if you have one that is ) O r did you leave it back in the UK ? Good and bad is everywere around us and originally i was merely pointing out about the nasties in oz ie. cockroaches and red back spiders thats not been negative its been right these are things we do not really get over run with in uk like in oz and its this kind of thing that people need to be aware of it cetainely is something you can either cope with or not and personally i dont think i could but i will see when i go on hols there and reg to the mullet haircut that was a joke but anyway elle the point is if you aint got a sence of humor hen dont read my posts and keep your nose out jeezzzz chill out !

Guest mandyg

Hi jenny oh just up the road from me than nice to meet you sorry to hear what happend to your son hope hes ok. hubbys brother lives in hessle and i have an aunt lives there to. Jenny when i replyed to your post earlier it was said with tounge in cheek reg the mullet haircut and so on but you probably already relised that as you will still have your sence of humor like me lol Keep in touch jenny mandy

Guest spock

Erm...

If I can step in at this point...

As I said in another post, it's very easy for a tongue-in-cheek post to be taken out of context, because no-one can see your tongue in your cheek, and because everyone has a different sense of humour. At the risk of being slapped with a verbal wet fish, perhaps I can suggest we let this one lie as a misunderstanding, and welcome the new members.

Hi Clayton Gang,

Have you thought about your daughter applying for additional education in Australian universities - that goes down well with the Visa folks. And it also gives her opportunity to get her name known with regards to part time work in her chosen vocation, etc.

Spock.

Guest clayton gang

Hi Jeff and Michelle

Thanks for that information. It's worth a thought extra studying. She was thinking about doing her masters.

Jenny and Mark

Guest clayton gang

Hi Spock

Thanks for that information. I have had a couple of good suggestions. Yours seems quite a good idea.

Jenny and Mark

Archived