Moving from Sydney to Grifith NSW

Guest TJG

Hi everyone,

First of all thanks to all of you for all the great info on this forum; I've used it from time to time for research, but not had much to contribute so far.

My name's Tom and I moved from Sheffield to Sydney with my girlfriend last year.

We've had a fantastic time in Sydney over the past year, living in Double Bay and spending loads of time outdoors.

I work in construction and my current project is coming to an end, and the next one is out in GRIFFITH NSW!!! - I'm looking for some info on better / worse places to live - we'll be there for approx 18 months so want to find somewhere nice.

If anyone would care to offer some info on Griffith, please do.

All I'm aware of so far is:

-It's 8hrs from Sydney

-Population 25000, very multicultural

-stigma attached to it from history of drugs etc

-there's a Coles, Woolworths, Big W and a Caltex station

My office will be in the centre but I'll be doing a lot of travelling around the area with work (building schools), and so really want to find somewhere nice and safe (mainly for my GF) for us to live.

Coming from a nice suburb in Sydney, we want to find a nice place - modern, bright, spacious - not a shabby type place (not suggesting that the place is like that, just that there are different types of houses everywhere)

Thanks in advance everyone,

Tom

Cheers for that Skippy, I've already done all the usual google searches etc. What I was looking for was something like:

North side of Griffith is nice, avoid any houses on the far east of the town etc.

I know it's a small place, just thought anyone there might be able to shed some light - every little helps.

Cheers.

Tom, the info I got back today, stay clear of West Griffith & the Pioneer Estate, it's got the nickname [Vegemite Valley] other than that, it's like a normal country town, but can get quite heated on Friday & Saturday nights when the pubs close, just like any other place nowadays.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Archived