Getting a job in the UK before leaving...

Guest LondonGal

Guest LondonGal

Just wondering if any returnees managed to secure jobs from Oz. OH is worried about going home jobless. I would imagine that the agencies don't take you that seriously until you are in the country but I would be interested to know if anyone managed it and how they went about it.

Cheers.:smile:

Guest Swing low sweet chariot

I have sent of my CV and a covering letter; one to my former employer and one to another. Had a positive response from the other and awaiting to hear from my former. It doesn't hurt to send them off!

Yes, it's a big worry not having a job to go back to, what's the alternative........................?

Guest LondonGal
I have sent of my CV and a covering letter; one to my former employer and one to another. Had a positive response from the other and awaiting to hear from my former. It doesn't hurt to send them off!

Yes, it's a big worry not having a job to go back to, what's the alternative........................?

Thanks for that, OH was a tradesman back in the UK but has moved onto management now in the same industry so wouldn't be able to back to his old employer.

There really isn't an alternative I suppose, just have to take the leap and hope for the best. Might contact the agencies......never know what might turn up.

Archived