nursing in austrailia

Guest andylane

Guest andylane

hi my name is angela my husband and i and four kids want to move to perth asap. Not sure how to start the ball rolling im a staff nurse and will be starting work straight away (dont know where to apply to) i understand we can come on a working visa is this the best option.

should i be looking for sponsership from hospitals. i currently work in a hospice looking after people with cancer is there anything like this over there or will i have to go back to general nursing. please help im getting confused and dont know where to start.

angie xx

Guest bshootz

Hi my name is Becky, and i am also a RGN ,what you have to do is get your nursing skills assessed first if you go to the australian nursing and midwifery council(just put that in your search engine) and it will tell you what to do next,you will have to print of the application forms and follow instuctions.

You will have to gather information, e.g birth, marriage, nursing certificates,obtain a written reference from your employer, and these have to be certified by a soliciter,or such like.Send all this off with the fee( not sure how much, but it will tell you).

It will take anywhere from 4-8 weeks to come back, then you can go from there, if you find it hard then my advise to you is contact a migrant agent they will help.

Anything else just ask .Sorry if this seems garbbled, just finished night shift.:wacko:

Beckyx:jiggy: :jiggy: :daydreaming:

Guest JoanneHattersley
Hi my name is Becky, and i am also a RGN ,what you have to do is get your nursing skills assessed first if you go to the australian nursing and midwifery council(just put that in your search engine) and it will tell you what to do next,you will have to print of the application forms and follow instuctions.

You will have to gather information, e.g birth, marriage, nursing certificates,obtain a written reference from your employer, and these have to be certified by a soliciter,or such like.Send all this off with the fee( not sure how much, but it will tell you).

It will take anywhere from 4-8 weeks to come back, then you can go from there, if you find it hard then my advise to you is contact a migrant agent they will help.

Anything else just ask .Sorry if this seems garbbled, just finished night shift.:wacko:

Beckyx:jiggy: :jiggy: :daydreaming:

ALSO U CAN GO THROUGH NURSING AGENCIES LIKE I DID. I WENT THROUGH NURSEWORLDWIDE AGENCY BASED IN LONDON ADN THEY SAW ME THROUGH EVERYTHING AND SECURED ME AJOB TOO

Hi Johatts,

Nurseworldwide are not sponsoring at moment, reason i lost the job before getting visa, but Global Advantage is one that is and is the one i have applied with and just waiting to hear if i get a job offer.

Lynne :jiggy:

Guest JoanneHattersley
Hi Johatts,

Nurseworldwide are not sponsoring at moment, reason i lost the job before getting visa, but Global Advantage is one that is and is the one i have applied with and just waiting to hear if i get a job offer.

Lynne :jiggy:

Oh right! Good luck with your job offers! Where u looking at working>?

Hi Angela, well if you want to get over there ASAP then a sponsered visa is probably the quickest, I too am a nurse, but applied for a permenant visa which took a bit longer, but is better for us as we want a holiday before starting work. Don't forget you will also need a licence to practice in Perth, this is available from the Western Australian Nursing Council. You should have no problems getting a job, they need every type of nurse. Lots of research is the best option. I approached the local teaching hospitals direct and a couple of agencies. The best place to start is to decide if you want to go through the process yourself or whether you want an agency to help you, it is less stressful but pricey. It is worth comparing the cost of both. We used Visa Bureau & they were fab. All in all it cost about £3500 but it was worth it. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask for any other help if you need it. Lisax

My husband - Piers, my little boy (9months)Evan and I are Brisbane bound in 4 weeks.

Archived