Is there anyone currently planning their return to the UK

Guest rosiejulia

Guest rosiejulia

Hi all.

I have been in Sydney for just over a year supporting a work assignment/curiosity of my husbands of living and working in Australia. We have our 3 children 14,12,9 with us as we thought it would be a wonderful experience for them. (and it has!) OH actually took a leave of absence from his UK CO. and came to work for same CO. in OZ.....so never intended it to be permanant (OH did initially I think) but still found it all quite a challenge adjusting and having that horrible feeling of OMG What/Why have we done this.....and feeling soooooooooo far away....not like you can pop home for the weekend! Anyway PIO`S I was wondering if anybody in a similar boat who is planning to return and if they would like to chat about this....and all moving back intails. Thanks!

Guest proud2beaussie

Hi,

There are quite a few PIO members planning on returning for one reason or another,I suggest you have a read through the Moving Back To The UK forum page and you will find that you are definetly not alone.

Guest rosiejulia

Thanks for responding joeltah...was beginning to think I was all alone again LOL! I would love to chat. I am not sure how to PM on this site but if you could advise that would be great. Where abouts in Sydney are you? What is your situation? When did you arrive? God!......listen to me ,all the questions....speak soon.x

Left click on my name......you then have an option to PM me........I'm in Kyeemagh which is near Brighton Le Sands 13 mins from Sydney! Been here just over a year BUT knew within a month of arriving it was not a "forever" place for me.........Embracing the experience.........treating it as a "working holiday" albeit very Bl**** costly! Trying to do as much as I can tourist wise whilst working to keep the Family......LOVE Australia but for me.....too far away........have a home in Spain which keeps drawing me back.....Do I miss the UK? Big fat NO however.........2hrs on a plane and I'm home!!! Get me? We have 3 girls 23, 16 and 8 so can identify with you on the Family situation etc etc.......PM me if you wish..........Just be proud of yourself for "doing it" and think what an adventure the Kids will have to look back on.................wish I could set out to achieve my goal of PR status for the future of my children BUT................life is too short to be where your heart really isn't...................I could get run over by a bus tomorrow lol x

Archived