16 and confused

Guest cosworth123

Guest cosworth123

hi everyone on my dads account as i havent got my own,

i just want to get some people advice on what to do i droped out of school early as we have moved to melbourne so didnt take my gcse so i dotn have any grades/qaulifications im not sure what to do !!! do you think i will need grades to help me get a job in a office etc as i no i could get a job in the building game tomorow but i dont really like to messy and dirty .so i was thinking do i go back to schoolcan i ?? or take the firther educcation programe taf i belive it is called or do i go find a job. Do you think i will have trouble trying to find a job with out grades etc is there any one in the the same situation because being 16 nearly 17 there isnt many jobs you can go into a business and be high up well no business i no that you start at the bottom and work your way up does any one no any jobs that maybe a good option for me im ratehr confused ??? thanks josh

Guest Abi&Dan

have you thought about enrolling in a community college to do the Oz equivalent of the GCSE or some other vocational style course?

Think about it from the point of view of UK - you'd definitely struggle to get an office job without at least A-C GCSE in English and Maths at your age and I reckon you'll find the same issue in Oz.

Alternatively try the TAFE for a young person's apprentiship - you say you don't want to get dirty (!) but you might find you like the outdoors life and cameradery working in a trade.

Hope you get started in something you like :spinny:

Hi Josh

You sound really confused about what to do.

My daughter will be 16 in July and will do her GCSE's this yr then we will move to oz.

Once we are there she will go back to school in Jan 2008 for one yr to complete her oz high school cert. This will allow her to go on to further education such as uni, or if she wanted to get a job she would be in a better position to get one.

It will also mean she will make friends and settle in easier.

If you are in oz already I'm sure you could return to school no problem.

If that doesnt appeal to you then I would definately look at going to Tafe to do a course in something you think you will enjoy.

If you want to work in an office , have you thought about I.T., or business studies.

I'm sure if you contacted them they would be able to help even if you arent there yet, as I've done this for my oldest son.

Good Luck.

Sam x

Guest cosworth123

thanks for your advice and help i would liek to go back to school as the education is ment to be brilliant and would be easier for me to settle in and make friends but i thought being 16 anf finishing shcool this year in the uk i didnt think i would be able to go back to school in aus for like 6 , 7 months we are in singapore at the moment and arrive in aus in 3 days now so i would be out for a bit with looking at where to live etc where are you thinking of moving to sam ??? thanks josh

Archived