Please can anyone tell me reasons for leaving Adelaide

Guest SamSam

Guest SamSam

Hi Guys,

My family and I have just received our State Sponsorship for Adelaide. We are totally over the moon but trying to look at the negatives as well as the positives.

Please could you anyone tell me reasons why they were not happy in South Australia so we take all the good and bad into account.

I really appreciate any advice you can give and thank you for your time.

SamSam

Guest sooveroz
Hi Guys,

My family and I have just received our State Sponsorship for Adelaide. We are totally over the moon but trying to look at the negatives as well as the positives.

Please could you anyone tell me reasons why they were not happy in South Australia so we take all the good and bad into account.

SamSam

Hi SamSam - we dont live in south australia (we're in Perth) although my friend does and I have visited. The reasons we are going back to UK are to do with the bigger picture stuff. Day to day life here is good and the milder climate allow a more outdoors life. saying that, once you take into account the flies, extreme oppressive heat, rainy months and wind (in Perth) you probably only get about 2 or 3 months of weather i actually like. i thought I liked the heat until i came here - i now realise that the only time i ever felt real heat was on holidays but living and working in it is hell. my being outdoors ideally involves the occasional hill walk, strolling round new towns/cities and the odd BBQ - fishing, off roading, surfing, constant BBQing, boating etc are not us and never will be. if all that is your bag, you will love it!!

i do like my day to day life here but its just not enough to compensate for missing F+F and for the feeling of not belonging. I do think younger children (under 12) have a better life here although you worry about skin cancer. There is crime just as anywhere although generally less of it - I personally think this is due to less people to comit crime rather than Uk people being worse than Oz. more people = more chance of degenerates = more crime. Interestingly, i probably worry more about my kids here than i did in UK (Scotland) despite their being less crime overall. not sure why that might be:huh:

overall there is good and bad about australia. I think if you either have good friends/family here or if you are not that fussed about those you are leaving behind, most people will settle. for us, we just miss everyone and home too much to stay!

Hope everything works out in whatever you decide.

Guest Dee007
Hi Guys,

SamSam

Hi SamSam. We lived in SA for 2 1/2 years. We are now living in Tasmania. The only reason we left SA was because of the heat. We lasted 2 summers but couldn't take the 35-40 degree days! We also found the "hoons" very annoying. When you arrive, you may notice the burnout/doughnut marks on the roads. I don't think every neighbourhood suffers with hoonies though. Adelaide is a lovely city centre with beautiful parklands surrounding it. It's a lot quieter than the other states. Other than the weather, we really enjoyed our time there. Good luck with your move. :yes:

Archived