Internal Flights

dougierh

Guest Guruju

You may want to check with your travel agent that you have booked your flights to Oz with as I discovered overseas visitors can access vouchers for internal flights at cheaper rates than purchasing them online or when here.

Your main players are Qantas (and the el cheapo version jetstar) and Virgin Blue plus some regional airlines like Skywest in WA. Factors do come into play, not just $ but also comfort, scheduling convenience (for you, not the airline) and whether they land at a regional hub or into one of the main airports - it can be tricky.

Given the long distances and therefore time between some capital cities I always go for direct routes, comfort and an airline that, from a safety perspective, I believe has more chance of getting me there alive - not that I am paranoid or anything.

Guest 1010ozzy

We have always used Virgin Blue for internal flights, we have found that it is cheaper to go online and book them ourselves than going through the travel agent.

Hope this helps

Dawn:jiggy:

Guest The Pom Queen

We flew up to Alice with Tiger Airways and no problems at all, would definately use them again. We got a great deal of $500 return for all 5 of us.

Kate

Archived