Manufacturing Engineer

Guest andylane

Guest andylane

Me and the wife have decided to emigrate to perth. She is a registered nurse and i am a manufacturing Engineer (defence land systems) Used to wok for BAe Systems (RO Defence) in Barrow in Furness i have looked for this type of work on the net but havent seen any. Is there work in this field in perth or is a manufacturing engineer not sought after in Perth. I was told Adelaid was the place to be but it seems a little to quite for me but who knows if there is work there then maybe a change of mind might be needed on location.

regards

Andy

Guest Gollywobbler
Me and the wife have decided to emigrate to perth. She is a registered nurse and i am a manufacturing Engineer (defence land systems) Used to wok for BAe Systems (RO Defence) in Barrow in Furness i have looked for this type of work on the net but havent seen any. Is there work in this field in perth or is a manufacturing engineer not sought after in Perth. I was told Adelaid was the place to be but it seems a little to quite for me but who knows if there is work there then maybe a change of mind might be needed on location.

regards

Andy

HI Andy

I have put a second copy of your post into the Migration Issues section of the forum in the hope of making your query well & truly visible, which may help you to get the responses you need. I have called the new thread Manufacturing Enginerr/Nurse and if you et lots of replies on one or both of the threads, I will merge the threds for you later on.

Have you tried ding a search on Google Australia and telling it to search for web-pages in Australia? Irritatingly, I don't kow anything at all about your field of work so I don't know how to help you to search for info.

What are land defence systems, please? Something military? Also, what is RO Defence (engineering?) I'm sorry to be so thick but if you can give me more of an idiot's guide to what your joib involves, I will do my best to try to help you to find some proper information about the possibilities for you in Oz.

Cheers

Gill

Guest fatpom

regards

Andy

I'm also a manufacturing engineer/Project Engineer. There's work around. I was originally aerospace but that particular area is tight & it might be the same for RO. I suspect your field will be well represented by ex services? However, provided you're flexible there should be no worries.

Guest andylane
I'm also a manufacturing engineer/Project Engineer. There's work around. I was originally aerospace but that particular area is tight & it might be the same for RO. I suspect your field will be well represented by ex services? However, provided you're flexible there should be no worries.

Thanks fatpom its nice to know that there is some one out there in my field. Land systems for Gill are tanks, howitzers Motar systems anything thats heavy artillary and tracked weapon systems. So where right in thinking millitary! (RO Defence) stands for Royal Ordnance Defence. A company under the British Airways Engineering (BAe) Umbrella. I was lead to believe there was a Defence company in Adelaid but not sure. But if Australia make there own tanks and Large Artillary i could be of use there.

I am flexible but would there be do you think any companies that would take a chance on my self with only this sort of knowledge. I would like to try my hand at Project Engineering as i have touched on this as part of being a Manufacturing Engineer as you probally know yourself.

Awaiting your reply

Andylane.

Guest fatpom
I am flexible but would there be do you think any companies that would take a chance on my self with only this sort of knowledge. I would like to try my hand at Project Engineering as i have touched on this as part of being a Manufacturing Engineer as you probally know yourself.

Awaiting your reply

Andylane.

Yeah! I'm sure there will be plenty of jobs which your experience will fit nicely. You'll probably find that you'll get the chance to broaden your experience base. There's a mining boom going on there (WA) at the moment so mines infrastructure support companies may be particularly interested. In fact without the mining boom manufacturing would be very tight... China, a lot of manufacturing is now done there... what's your mandarin like :).

Guest andylane
Yeah! I'm sure there will be plenty of jobs which your experience will fit nicely. You'll probably find that you'll get the chance to broaden your experience base. There's a mining boom going on there (WA) at the moment so mines infrastructure support companies may be particularly interested. In fact without the mining boom manufacturing would be very tight... China, a lot of manufacturing is now done there... what's your mandarin like :).

When sober - zero, when drunk brill but only i know what i`m saying - haha. Cheers fatpom sounds like i might be ok out there, hell i need to be ive got 4 kids to support. I know i havent any trade skill but projects i`m ok at (i think)! I dont want to travel to china for work thou prefer to go in the morning and come home at night to see the family. Been looking at the jobs front in Perth and they seem to have alot but i dont know what the salary`s like thou.

Thanks for the reply fatpom really appreciate it.

Archived