Any advice?

Guest neil_lonergan

Guest neil_lonergan

Hi,

I am planning on moving to Perth sometime next year if possible. I have completed one of the online visa eligibility tests and unfortunately because i don't have a degree in my current industry (sales and marketing) i am unable to get a skilled working visa. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to go about getting sponsorship to work in Australia?

I also saw in the Yorkshire Jobs paper a couple of months ago an advert for unskilled people to move to Australia and train to become a plumber/electrician. They provided you with the visa and a place to work. As I am only 21 I am not too fussed about staying in the Industry I am currently in, as learning a trade does sound appealing to me. If anyone has more information on any similar schemes to this I would be really keen to learn more.

Thanks

Hi Neil,

I was reading about this only yesterday, unfortunately I can't remember where I saw it. It was something along the lines that there is a new visa class where you can go and do an apprenticeship in regional australia to gain a trade, then when you have completed that you can apply for a permanent residents visa. It was aimed at younger people so you would be in the right age group. If I were you I would contact an agent, most decent ones will give you some free advise over the phone.

Best of luck

Cath

Guest neil_lonergan

Cath

Thankyou so much for the info, it was really really helpful. One more question though, when you say contact an agent, what exactly do you mean? Just a travel agent or something different? Sorry if im being stupid, thought I had better ask though!

Cheers

Neil

Hi Neil,

I mean a migration agent, their job is to get you a visa if you qualify. It might be worth your while giving a few a call to see if you can get a bit of free advice. They really do know their stuff. We are using Concept Australia, they have a branch in Manchester, but other good ones are Go Matilda, Ian Harrup, George Lombard.

Some people use them, others do it on their own without any problem it all depends on how easy your case is. We paid £1200, but fees vary. Personally in our case I feel in has been money well spent.

All the best.

Catherine

Hi Neil,

I mean a migration agent, their job is to get you a visa if you qualify. It might be worth your while giving a few a call to see if you can get a bit of free advice. They really do know their stuff. We are using Concept Australia, they have a branch in Manchester, but other good ones are Go Matilda, Ian Harrup, George Lombard.

Some people use them, others do it on their own without any problem it all depends on how easy your case is. We paid £1200, but fees vary. Personally in our case I feel in has been money well spent.

All the best.

Catherine

Archived