Are We Nearly There Yet??

Guest Dilks Family

Guest Dilks Family

Hi All Oz Fans! We are now awaiting our call for medicals and are then hoping to migrate to Victoria. I am a teaching assistant, my husband is a plumber and we have two children aged 11 and 7. All is going well so far ( fingers crossed!) but would like to buy land or property before our arrival if possible, but keep hitting a brick wall . Any advise would be appreciated. Good Luck to you all. Take care. Annette, Brian and family.

Where are you planning to go in Victoria? I think that buying land or a house before you come over is difficult, we are waiting for our PR to be granted before we buy as then the admin gets far easier. If you aren't a permanent resident you have to prove that you aren't just buying to make a quick dollar and I am not sure how you would do that from overseas. It is probably possible but I owuld get some advice before spending any money.

Good luck.

Nicky

Hi Annette

I'm pretty sure that all non-residents are allowed to buy land or new-build property. It's only established older property that causes problems.

Hope this helps,

• 2 months later...

Hi

Friends of ours are moving to Perth on the 17th Feb and they have put down a deposit on a plot of land in Carramar and are having a house built so getting land can't be too much of a problem really.

Jackie

Guest Dilks Family

Jackie, thanks for your reply. We have just been called for meds so will now wait until we have our visa in place. I think this will make things alot easier.We have been informed that we could be elligable for a first time buyers grant for $7000 plus a state top up. Is this something your friends are aware of? All the best. Brian

Guest ABCDiamond
Jackie, thanks for your reply. We have just been called for meds so will now wait until we have our visa in place. I think this will make things alot easier.We have been informed that we could be elligable for a first time buyers grant for $7000 plus a state top up. Is this something your friends are aware of? All the best. Brian
Some info and links on this, I assume you are reffering to Victoria for this "State top up".

All eligible first home buyers who qualify for the Victorian Government $7000 First Home Owner Grant may be eligible for an additional First Home Bonus payment. A $5000 bonus payment applies to contracts entered into between 1 May 2004 and 31 December 2005 and a $3000 bonus payment applies to contracts entered into between 1 January 2006 and 30 June 2007. To be eligible to receive the Bonus payment, the property purchased must not exceed $500,000.

http://www.sro.vic.gov.au/SRO/srowebsite.nsf/taxes_benefits.htm?OpenPage&charset=iso-8859-1

http://www.sro.vic.gov.au/sro/srowebsite.nsf/rebates_fhog.htm?OpenPage&charset=iso-8859-1

• 2 months later...
Guest Missiemo

Hi Dilks Family

We are moving to the Victoria Area in June, we have three children ( Lou 11 - Hannah 8 - and Katie 2, my husband is a bricklayer and I am an accountant, we will build our house when we arrive, we do you hope to go?

Good Luck

The Brooks Family

Guest Dilks Family

Hi Brooks Family, Not exactly sure where in Victoria we are moving to yet as we keep changing our minds. First we were going to Bairnsdale/ Lakes Entrance to be near relatives. But we have now been looking at Mount Martha/ Mornington area. What about yourselves? Are you all ready for the off in June? All the best, Brian, Annette and family.

Guest Missiemo

Hi Dilks Family

Although it is now only 8 weeks until the big day, I still keep having panic attacks about not getting everything done, we have had four quotes on prices for containers so we have to make a final decision on that now.

There are lots of issues about pension and tax but I am making a visit to the dreaded tax office soon to get what advice I can.

How are things your end, any more news or decisions made.

Take care

Speak soon

The Brooks

Archived