mandy

Guest mandyg

Guest mandyg

:huh: can anyone help out there ? My husband is a scaffolder and we are seriously thinking of moving to oz but on the list of skills needed in oz scaffolding is not on there and we are wondering if scaffolding is called something else in oz or do they just not have them ? This is our first step we need to climb before we even think anymore of heading of to oz please can anyone help me ??????

Guest THE JONEZYS

Hiya Mandy.

Can't help with the skills list but my oh is a brickie and tells me that here in Melbourne they mainly use quick stage scaffold as opposed to tube and fittings!! Right over my head but he will know what he's talking about I'm sure.

He also says that a lot of the labourers out here hold a ticket that allows them to put the scaffold up.

Good luck with it all and give us a shout if we can help with any thing.

Lesley

Guest mandyg

thanks lesley that is really a lot of help to us although not great news as i think my husband thought that maybe scaffolders was in demand in oz although now im not sure after what you just told me if labourers are able to errect scaffolding then maybe there not in demand there as here he as to have a scaffolding ticket part one and two wich he as got because of the health and safety laws here oh dear thats not good news is it !

Guest THE JONEZYS

Mandy, don't give up hope just yet, where theres a will theres a way an all that!!

The best way forward for you I think is to talk to an agent, there are a couple on here that are very helpfull. If you find someone yourself, chose a company that offers a free first consultation to help see if its worth pursuin....which i'm sure it will be.

We used oe....overseas emmigration and they seem to be pretty good with tradies. They are based up in Edinburgh and we were down south so every thing was done via email and post. From submitting TRA to visa grant took 11 months

Lesley

Guest mandyg
thanks for all your help lesley first things first then we search for agent..

We contacted the agent you recommended lesley and he as taken £152 off us for visa application we passed the skills thing and the score we got seemed to be ok so were going for it i had a look at a job search link quoted on someone elses thread and there seems to be quite a few scaffolding jobs aroun mainly in morningside but dont know were this is do you know ?

Guest THE JONEZYS

Hiya Mandy, so glad you have got enough points, told you it would be worth checking!!

Dont know anything about Morningside, which state is it in?

Lesley

Archived