Taking My Children back To U.K..?

Guest John Locke

Guest Susie

The UK has good and bad areas, just the same as here in Oz. The bad areas here, however, still seem to have large detached houses and not council flats. I grew up close to Glasgow and would not want to bring my kids up there, although there are very affluent and middle class areas there and many people, including my parents love it.

I hanker for the little village I lived in, in Scotland, no crime, little traffic, looking on to beautiful hills, 10 mins drive to beautiful beaches (freezing, yes - but fresh and clean), cosy local pub and village shop and one hour's drive or train to Edinburgh. We thought we were bored there!

Maybe rural living in the UK beats Oz for some people. I think here, where we've settled in Perth is so suburban and everything is a drive away, for us as a family, we'd probably prefer a little coastal town with some amenities and more of a community feel.

Guest guest22466

June pixie I so wish you all the best when you come to live in Australia. However I do have to warn you there is still dog poo , stella cans, broken glass, drugs and crime here too and there too are little old ladies living on their own here with no family (due to everyone living so far away from each other-( different states) and shopping in the blazing heat and also dehyrated. I see where your coming from as every single person who comes to Australia comes hoping for a better life for some it is the best and for some its just not for them. However you do have to come and live it for yourself as everyone is different and wants different things from life. Good luck

Guest funkymonkey
June pixie I so wish you all the best when you come to live in Australia. However I do have to warn you there is still dog poo , stella cans, broken glass, drugs and crime here too and there too are little old ladies living on their own here with no family (due to everyone living so far away from each other-( different states) and shopping in the blazing heat and also dehyrated. I see where your coming from as every single person who comes to Australia comes hoping for a better life for some it is the best and for some its just not for them. However you do have to come and live it for yourself as everyone is different and wants different things from life. Good luck

Spot on, you will find exactly the same things here in Australia (Perth) anyway. We live in the Hills area and the suburb we live in is known as being a pretty good area but our playgroup is broken into EVERY weekend and vandalised, the cops are not interested and the park near to us is regularly used as a drug/alcohol den! We have had human waste (Vomit is mild) and glue on the childrens slide as well as used condoms, needles and various other delights in the sand. This isn't a one off either.

All i'm saying is this is everywhere...Australia and UK alike...maybe not as much here but there are a lot less people here.

Just be sure to have your eyes open to the fact that there is good and bad everywnere!:smile:

Archived