Pension query

Guest DesperateHomer

Guest DesperateHomer

We’re a family of four. I’m 44 and my wife is 43.

My wife and I have a mixture of personal pensions, deferred final salary pensions and, of course, there’s the UK state pension to consider.

Is it an unrealistic question to ask what the implications are for the pensions should we decide to migrate from UK to OZ?

Any other pension related advice for potential migrants.

(I’m particularly concerned about moving the existing pensions)

Hi, We went to the expo today bit of a queue with the pension people so didn't speak with them but got a brochure, the company is called Pension Transfer Direct and their web address is

http://www.agoodmove.com.au

it may help you, they was at the Expo so should be reputable!

regards

Guest muppetbro

im watching this thread like an eagle

we have two sweet teaching pensions worth 17 and 16 years collectively worth a good pension in todays current pension climate

i have been researching for two weeks on this - it will cost alot of money - i have had 5% to 3% of pension value to transfer to oz after having paid on average £500 for reports which will inevitably encourage me to transfer it to oz!!!

leaving it in the uk has its perils - you have a 6 month w indow to transfer it on arrival in oz otherwise taxes will hurt

some people leave it in u k and use bank cards to draw it - tax evasion u nder oz tax rules as i read = deportation !!!

please feel free to correct any inacuracies but as i type im very concerned and uncertain what to do - i begrude paying out thousands of pounds to transfer my hard earned pensions when i have a feeling it can be done for nothing other than a few letters - as long as you are transferring it into a good scheme ???

martin

Archived