Move back to the UK?

Guest jj in aus

Guest jj in aus

Hi all,

My husband and I have been living in Australia for the last 3 years and have enjoyed every minute.

We have just spent 2 weeks in the UK and are now having serious thoughts on moving home. Not sure if its the right move and thinking maybe its jet lag making us irrational!

We are hoping to start a family and not sure there is the support here for us. Family and friends would be a big help to us, whilst we have made friends here no one is at the same stage in life as us and we would have to hope to make some new ones at parent classes etc. The other worry is no maternity benefits and having to live on one salary (we are on a 457 visa).

Just wondering if anyone has been home to the UK and regretted it and ended up coming back to Aus?

:rolleyes:

Guest JoanneHattersley

There are a few on here that have done that! Bolton2Brisbane springs to mind! They have just come back to oz again! Do a search on the threads and you`ll find a few

Guest nikkichap

Most of my friends back in the UK were made through having my children via parent craft classes, mother and baby clubs, toddler groups, play school and school. We helped each other out and gave support and advice. It's nice to makes friends with people who are going through the same things. They also became a help with babysitting etc and the favour was always returned. Sometimes my family members are not always available during the day when you need them most, to go to hairdressers, doctors, gym or just time out. My new "baby friends" were. We used to have meet ups once a month and were all grew close and the babies grew up together and are still friends, 10 years on.

But the support from family is equally important. If you go back to the UK you will have your family but still be able to make new friends. Not sure about how it will effect you financially. But what ever you decided make the choice that is right for you. If you have been here for 3 years you have probably got a good network of friends. You are obviously happy here. It's a lot to give up.

Good luck.

Nikki

Archived