one way flights to uk

Guest Mark and Sharon

Guest Mark and Sharon

We`re now seriously thinking we have to go back,we used the flight centre to book our flight`s over here i`v just spoken to them today and they seem very pricey,can anyone suggest any one else,we want to fly back to london we dont want to have a long stop over just want to get back asap.

Sorry to read your post and that you are now seriously looking on returning to the UK, totally understand as the work here is a nightmare, particularly this area nearer to Brisbane there seems to be a little more abt not sure what your profession is.

A little while ago Malaysian Airlines were doing deals on one way flights to the UK,not sure if they are still on offer though. My sister is returning to the UK also and she has just booked hers direct with Singpaore Airlines who were the better price.

Good luck guys:wubclub:

Guest Bella

We have been looking at Malaysian Airlines they seem to be the best around for cost at the moment. We are really looking to to come back as we are out on a 457 so hubby is ok for work its me i cant get a thing they wont even look at me on a 457 it does not matter what anyone says i have heard it all that i should be fine getting a job on it.. Well they dont like you on a 457 as they think you just do a year and bugger off

Guest proud2beaussie

MH are doing some good deals at the moment due to the fact that their low cost offshoot Air Asia have started flying Gold Coast to Stansted at prices of about $500.00,the flights operate via Kuala Lumpur and you need to make two seperate bookings to get from Australia to the UK,they are very cheap and cheerful,no seat allocation-first in gets the best seats but if it's a cheap fare you want then

www.airasia.com is worth a look,MH are a good airline and I've flown with them a fair bit and can recommend them,also check out Cathay Pacific and even Singapore Airlines although the last two are generally slightly dearer but sometimes you can get lucky.

Also check out Etihad who have just started extra flights at good prices,I was on their inaugural flight last year and they are quite good.

PM me if I can help with anything like seat advice etc.

Guest Guruju
We have been looking at Malaysian Airlines they seem to be the best around for cost at the moment. We are really looking to to come back as we are out on a 457 so hubby is ok for work its me i cant get a thing they wont even look at me on a 457 it does not matter what anyone says i have heard it all that i should be fine getting a job on it.. Well they dont like you on a 457 as they think you just do a year and bugger off

Hi Bella

I was sorry to read your post - not sure where you are but my experience has been that there is a lot of temp work and contract out there and it doesn't matter to them what your visa class is as long as it doesn't prohibit work. Have you tried registering with a few of the temp/contract agencies and then keep following them up rather than looking for full time/part time permanent?

Also, a lot of work does not get advertised and many have found that direct contact and utilising social networks can often gain work - have you tried that?

When I first got here I tried not to get hung up on what I had been in the UK and tried lots of work not relative to my status in the UK - have you had a look at alternatives to your main occupation? It gets the dollars in and you meet people and earn a good reputation which makes it easier to get to your desired work type.

Regards

Julia

Guest hannahf

We have just booked one way tickets and the cheapest I found was Ethihad that was from Sydney to Heathrow, I booked direct through the airline but the flight centre came out at the same price.

Good luck for your return.

Guest guyadamsg3

Try expedia.com.au I just booked my ticket home, $1195 one way from Melbourne, which is very good for flying in August! With Malaysian Airlines.

Other good ones to look at are webjet.com.au and bestflights.com.au

Archived