BB1 7pm last night

Guest charlyandnick

Guest charlyandnick

Hi did anyone see the programme last night about 2 nurses moving to Oz?

Im addicted to anything Aussie at the mo but found it helpful.

Hope others did too,

Charly x

Guest bshootz

Hi we all watched it, my hubby came off the computer,my sons off their games,and nobody uttered any words,apart from me agreing with what was being said( im a nurse and that is also a big factor why we are leaving)

We just want to go NOW!!

Beckyx:jiggy:

Guest charlyandnick

Im a nurse too and agreed with everything said about the NHS.

Where and when are you going Becky?

Charly x

Guest JoanneHattersley
Im a nurse too and agreed with everything said about the NHS.

Where and when are you going Becky?

Charly x

Im a nurse too already in OZ. I can answer questions about nursing in australia if u want to compare. Its not all wine and roses out here in nursing!!!!!!!!!

Guest tracy hunt

We watched it with double interest, firstly of course it was about emigrating to Australia, and secondly because one nurse was from Norwich - like us (and also a Norwich City supporter!)

Good to see you get well looked after if you go to hospital in Oz!

How lovely it would be if someone met us off the plane, booked us into a hotel for 2 weeks - all paid for and showed us the sights!

As far as I can see, the only thing to keep people in England is family, it's certainly not the future of the Country. If you are able to break free from family at home then who would'nt want to try for a better life else-where! I can imagine this country having a skilled workers shortage in the not so distant future. Tradesmen are not taking on apprentices in this country, so there is a lack of young people learning a trade and when the older ones retire all the middle aged tradesmen will have bu**ered off to Oz!

Guest phipps

I watched the programme on BBC1 last night, about the two nurses in Oz - interesting viewing.

I'm a newly qualified midwife and I've spent the last week targeting hospitals in Oz for sponsorship. Had one acknowledgment, so far and awaiting their call - So fingers and everything else crossed.

In the meantime I'm trying to get a midwifery job, here in the UK, so that I can get some experience behind me - but thats a joke!! £45,000 it's cost to put me through my training and for what?

Need the experience because, if I don't get a sponsorship at this stage, I will have to go through an agency and they like you to have 12 months experience, at least. To apply for PR I think, you have to have been working in your profession (thats on the SOL) for 12-18 months before applying - don't quote me on that though.

Anyway, won't give up with the sponsorship, still alot more areas, with hospitals to target.

Going down to the expo in London, over the weekend. Anyone else going or been before?

What's it like?

Tracy x

Guest bshootz

Hi Charly, we are hoping to go to Perth,not sure where abouts yet,depends on where i can get a nursing job, hoping to be there before the year is out.

House goes on market at start of month and rent for a bit.

How faf are you down the line? and where are you heading?

Good luck with everything

Beckyx:jiggy:

Archived