Where to live around Perth

3go2Perth

Hi Folks

I am new to this site, and am hoping that you good folks will be able to give me some advice.

I am an Accountant, hubby is a general manager, and we will both be looking to live & work in Perth.

Which areas in Perth should we look to live in? We'll need to be able to commute to the main business district, decent school for 10 year old and basically a nice area.

Any ideas?

Thanks

J

Guest migration angel

Hi J,

You might find some more info on the www.perthpoms.com forum.

I live in Perth and can help you out.

Schools ? public or private.

Best government primary schools on academic performance are North Cottesloe and Kapinara Primary schools.

other good schools Churchlands Primary and Wembley Downs Primary.

A lot depends on your budget to rent or buy.

If you need any more info let me know.

Bernie

Hi & Welcome,

It is one of the hardest parts of the process deciding which suburb to head for. Like anywhere in the world a lot is defined by budget. I found this really useful...

Perth Median Price Map - Real Estate Institute of WA

You'll see the average price in Cottesloe is $2 million, Wembly Downs $880K....

What I did was use TEE results for the high schools & then look if we could afford to live in those areas and ended up with Duncraig & Willetton.

Other factors though are whether you want to live coast/hills/city and how far you are willing to commute. This is a really useful discussion of the options Where to Live in Perth, Australia

I can honestly say though that after hours and hours on the internet we changed our mind from Hills to Duncraig to Willeton to Freo and have just bought in Willagee!!! So I'd wait until you get here!

Jules

Guest migration angel

Hi J,

Jules is right about property prices being more expensive in and around good schools. This is the case throughout Australia.

You will even notice that the top Government schools can drive prices in an area.

Top gov senior schools for this year were.

Shenton College.

Rossmoyne.

Perth Modern.

Willetton

Churchlands.

Look at primary schools that feed into these.

Jules gives some great advice. No harm having a shortlist of areas within budget with good schools but you will need to see how you feel about areas once you are here.

Archived