Electrician.....help needed!

lostintransit

OH is General Electrician....We applied under 176 Family Sponsored 176 visa Sept '08.....Decided to change to State Sponsored QLD....Application rec'd at QLD Government 5th March '09 by couier, by haven't heard from the department themselves.....Sent them an e-mail mon of last week to double check that they have rec'd the application....they replied 'We will acknowledge your application asap, but we have got 100's in the queue'.....My questions are:

• How long should it take for QLD Government to process our application?
  • Are General Electricians still on the MODL List?
  • If we are lucky enough to get State Sponsorship will we still be priority seeing as we are no longer on the CSL List?

I would be so grateful if someone could answer my questions, because like everyone else this whole process is driving me crazy :wacko:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi there

You are NOT a pain, hon. Be sure about that. :hug:

How long should it take for QLD Government to process our application?

QLD reckon they are taking about 3 months at present because of the backlog.

Are General Electricians still on the MODL List?

Yes.

If we are lucky enough to get State Sponsorship will we still be priority seeing as we are no longer on the CSL List?

Yes.

Best wishes

Gill

Hi Gill

Thank you for you reply....just one more question....I hope you don't mind.....If QLD change their Occupations sponsor list before they deal with our application (taking OH occupation off the list) could that mean that we wouldn't get State Sponsorship?

Thanks again :notworthy:

Hi Gill

Thank you for you reply....just one more question....I hope you don't mind.....If QLD change their Occupations sponsor list before they deal with our application (taking OH occupation off the list) could that mean that we wouldn't get State Sponsorship?

Thanks again :notworthy:

Hi Sue

I think as long as your applications acknowledged as receipted your fine..

Goodluck :biggrin:

Archived