stamping my passport

Juliep

Guest the dobbas

hi

you send them to australia house , at the strand in london by special delivery enclosing your grant letter and also a prepaid special delivery enverlope for them to post them back it only takes about 5 days.

hope this helps

dobba

Guest Soph and Ju

Just bumping this thread up as we got our visa on tues and i am very confused now what to do about getting visa stamps in our passports! i have read somewhere about you have to go to the post office and get a silver envelope or something!! Can anyone explin this further?? What should I be asking for at the post office??

Guest Soph and Ju

So is this what I need to do?...Print out copy of visa grant email, take with our 3 passports to the post office and ask to post them special delivery to australia house?? Or do I need to just go buy the special delivery envelope! Oh my god, so many questions, I am so confused!!lol!

Guest Cane Family
So is this what I need to do?...Print out copy of visa grant email, take with our 3 passports to the post office and ask to post them special delivery to australia house?? Or do I need to just go buy the special delivery envelope! Oh my god, so many questions, I am so confused!!lol!

Hi, you need to write a letter explaining why you are sending your passports.

In you packet you should have the following

1. Passports

2. Letter

3. Grant Letter in full

4. Silver pouch (you buy this at post office prepaid return, addressed to your self) make sure you take the tracking number from it. Also this will cost you £5.05 approx

Maybe buy 2 silver pouch one to send it all in and one for the return trip.

Then send them special delivery you will get them back with in 3 or 4 days. again this will cost about the same £5.05 so in total £10.10

See the following link for more details

dima_visa_evid - Australian High Commission

We sent ours on a friday and got them back the following wednesday.

hope this helps you.

Guest adamsfamily
hi

can anyone tell me if i need to send our passports off to get stamped? im sure i read on my email that i can get them stamped once in Brisbane we have a 457 visacheers

julie

Hi Julie

i called Australia house last week and they told me that we can take passports up to The Strand Offices Mon-Fri between 9am and 11am and get the visa put in there and then. Can i just ask how long you waited for your 457 as we are still waiting 8 weeks on now and getting anxious.

thanks, Nikki.

Archived