Pet insurance

Guest Chumley

Guest Chumley

Wondered if anyone could help me. Our dog is currently insured with Tesco. They have said they will not cover him once he leaves the country. Out pet exporters will insure him for his travel to Oz but not once he's in quarantine. Is it sensible to get dog insurance for him whilst in quarantine in case he got sick / injured? or am I being over cautious?? :unsure:

Emma

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Emma

I always prefer to have insurance. Obviously the quarantine has public liability but it may be worth setting up a policy over here. Try contacting Pet Plan AU and see if they can help.

Kate

Guest 1010ozzy

Hi

I am in the same bout, our pet insurers say they will only cover Ozzy up untill he leaves the country, no one will insure him in transit, we have tried several different insurance companys our exporter says they have never found a company yet that will do it, so I would double check that question with your exporter!

We even got a friend of ours who goes to crufts with her dogs to ask around and she came back saying no insurance company will touch it.

So I will be looking into getting him insured from the day he arrives in Australia with a company over there.

Dont laugh but i have also asked the company we use now for proof of no claims!! I have insured him from 10 weeks old and never made a claim so want to make that clear to and new insurance company.

Good Luck, and let me know if you find an insurance company.

Dawn

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest Resamith
Wondered if anyone could help me. Our dog is currently insured with Tesco. They have said they will not cover him once he leaves the country. Out pet exporters will insure him for his travel to Oz but not once he's in quarantine. Is it sensible to get dog insurance for him whilst in quarantine in case he got sick / injured? or am I being over cautious?? :unsure:

Emma

I think you are being over cautious :)

Best Regards,

Resamith

Archived