State Sponsorship-DIAC investigation!

Maz

We applied for Melbourne State Sponsorship 6 weeks ago and tried to phone tonight to see if they could tell us how long it would take before we heard anything. i was told that DIAC are currently doing an investigation into these visa applications and everything has been postponed but cannot say for how long. They advised me to contact immi and see what alternative visas we could apply for!

Does anyone know anything about this?

Maz x

Sorry folks, last post turns out to be rubbish!!

Phoned Victoria back and questioned this further and they have apologised for giving me wrong information! They presumed i was phoning from within Australia regarding the 886? visa (i think thats what she said). When i explained i was from the UK applying for Victoria sponsorship she said my application hasn't been affected after all.

Was told however, that the current waiting list has now increased from 6-8 weeks to 10-12 weeks.

So, panic over thank god - as if this whole process isn't stressfull enough without being given wrong info :arghh:

Maz x

Guest Cath76

Hi Maz,

The investigation is for onshore graduates (in Trades) seeking State Sponsorship from VIC.

Sorry folks, last post turns out to be rubbish!!

Phoned Victoria back and questioned this further and they have apologised for giving me wrong information! They presumed i was phoning from within Australia regarding the 886? visa (i think thats what she said). When i explained i was from the UK applying for Victoria sponsorship she said my application hasn't been affected after all.

Was told however, that the current waiting list has now increased from 6-8 weeks to 10-12 weeks.

So, panic over thank god - as if this whole process isn't stressfull enough without being given wrong info :arghh:

Maz x

Archived