Glaswegian moving to Sydney!!

Guest Rico

Hi, I'm going to be moving over to Sydney in a few weeks time. I have a job (working in recruitment) and am getting sponsored for 4 years time.

I'm coming on my own, and my girlfriend will be coming over in about 2-4 months time.

Obviously I am bit worried about this, but what the hell. I was basically wondering if there was anyone else who has done something like this and if they can offere me any advice.

My main concern is that I wont make any friends, but hopefully I will... if there are any lonely scots over in Sydney give me a shout!

Hi, I'm going to be moving over to Sydney in a few weeks time. I have a job (working in recruitment) and am getting sponsored for 4 years time.

I'm coming on my own, and my girlfriend will be coming over in about 2-4 months time.

Obviously I am bit worried about this, but what the hell. I was basically wondering if there was anyone else who has done something like this and if they can offere me any advice.

My main concern is that I wont make any friends, but hopefully I will... if there are any lonely scots over in Sydney give me a shout!

If you show effort with people, I'm sure you'll have no problem meeting a few drinking buddies at work. Most aussies will love showing you the best places to have a drink or three.

Hi Mark

Thanks for the advice... I know I will make friends out there, as any new situation I have been in, I have made pals.

Just a wee bit worried though!

Archived