Do we have a Problem?

Guest jenniemccutcheon

Guest jenniemccutcheon

When looking at the skilled list it said Sales & Marketing Manager. My husband is a sales manager, has done the job for 10 years. He is in Shipping and has worked for big names. His degree is in History (useful!) from St Andrews. However, the description for their assessment says you need to have worked in a business with 600 employees? He has had 5 under him. Do they test you? Is there an exam? Should he re-train at night school to be a painter or something and if he did would that get us in? Help please. How do we get there?

:confused:

Hi jennie,

My past history is Hotel Sales & marketing manager. I got in touch with my agent as queried the sales manager route. She told me this is the hardest skill to enter by as its not assessed by TRA. I will cut and paste her reply:-

If you look at the skilled occupation list, to the right, you will see that Sales and Marketing Manager is not assessed by TRA. TRA cannot assess this occupation.

Trades Recognition Australia, mainly assesses the Trades people. Sales and Marketing Manager is assessed by AIM and this is the most strict of all assessments. You need to prove that you are at a VERY high level of Management, such as CEO etc in a huge organisation, implementing policy development etc.

Hope that info helps

Em x

Guest jenniemccutcheon

Thanks for that! I suspected as much. I am now going to embark on getting OH qualified as a tiler or decorator or something! Anything! How you getting on with your Mum? Mine was in tears all day yesterday, being Mothers Day. Aaarggh. I hear baby crying. Time to get back to motherhood and stop dreaming!

Hi Jennie,

My mam was rather happy yesterday after we hold her that OH Aunt & Uncle couldnt help us. We are back to square one and looking for a different route, but r determined to do it. I just got baby asleep and one to collect from nursery in half hour.........the demands of motherhood.

Em x

Archived