121 ens visa do i have to do a practical?

Guest MARTON17

Guest MARTON17

Hi,

I am a formwork joiner and have just had a job offer from a company in Queensland who are willing to sponser me on a ENS121 visa.

Do i still need to have a practical test as part of the skills assesment or by having the sponsership does this mean it is only paper based?

Can anyone help clear this up as its very confusing.

Many thanks

Ross

Hi,

I am a formwork joiner and have just had a job offer from a company in Queensland who are willing to sponser me on a ENS121 visa.

Do i still need to have a practical test as part of the skills assesment or by having the sponsership does this mean it is only paper based?

Can anyone help clear this up as its very confusing.

Many thanks

Ross

IF you are required to undertake a skills assessment as a joiner AND you reside in UK, you will have to undertake a skills assessment practical test.

Guest MARTON17

Thanks for your replies

We have the option of going on a 457 visa, If i done that how soon could i apply for PR once i was in oz, also if i was already in oz and applied for a 121 would i still have to do a practical in oz?

My concern is that as a formwork joiner, I have never built roofs etc and from reading here that would be part of the assessment, I dont think i would pass. If it was purely a test on formwork then i would pass with flying colours

It's getting me down as i have worked as a formwork joiner for 12 years and it seems unfair that they group different aspects of the trade together.

Any advice would be helpfull

"If you go to Oz on a temporary 457 visa then you will no longer be resident in the UK. Therefore TRA will become the relevant assessment authority and their version is paper-based only "

according to the reply in the link above - if your on a 457 then you do not have to the vetasses it would be TRA.

If you were on a working holiday visa or similar you would have to leave oz to do the vetasses assement but not the 457

Archived