What is a decent wage!!

Guest Brissydeb

Guest Brissydeb

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is a decent wage in Queensland (Gold Coast) for a family of 5 to live on.

My OH is a lift mechanic and will not be able to get his electrical licence until some time after we arrive in Oz (hopefully next summer) so his wage will not be that great until he gets the licence but I'm not sure of even the `start' wage as the companies we have contacted are a bit vague to say the least.

I will be getting a part time job as soon as I can.

After watching all the programmes `Wanted Down Under' and hearing that the salaries are lower but the food prices etc are the same as UK I cannot understand how people can manage it and my OH is getting really worried about this (as am I).

Now all the equity in our house has disappeared the depoist for a house in Oz has also gone.

Thanks for any advice.

Debs

Guest donovan

Hiya Deb, not sure about a lift mechanic, I am sure someone will be along to answer your question, where are you planning to live on the Gold Coast, we have been here since Aug 07, and love the GC, good luck with your visa process and keep us all informed.

Sarah x

Guest Brissydeb

Thax for the reply Sarah. We visted last May and liked Helensvale and Pacific Pines. But we are over again in Oct to validate the visa and shall look at more areas then.

Thax Deb.

Guest donovan
Thax for the reply Sarah. We visted last May and liked Helensvale and Pacific Pines. But we are over again in Oct to validate the visa and shall look at more areas then.

Thax Deb.

Hiya Deb, we live on Pacific Pines and love it here, great area for the kids and plenty to do

Sarah x

Archived