Melbourne Suburb Edithvale

Petals

I lived in Edithvale for eleven years and we only left the suburb because we wanted a lot more land. We were very happy there.

Its very flat at Edithvale and the suburbs around it are Aspendale, Chelsea, Chelsea Heights, Bon Beach, Carrum, Patterson Lakes. All within ten minutes.

Its on the Frankston to CBD train line however there is limited parking at the station.

It has older houses on large blocks of land probably fifty year old houses and its very expensive to live on the beach side of the rail line and Nepean Highway. A lot of the houses there have direct beach access. My friend has a gate right on to the beach from her house.

I spent a lot of time at Edithvale Beach when my children were young and it was great for them.

There is a shopping strip and supermarket at Chelsea and a very good library.

There are two catholic primary schools St Josephs at Chelsea and St Louis De Montforts at Aspendale. My children went to St Louis de Montforts for a couple of years and it was a very good school.

There are kindergartens in Edithvale and Aspendale and Public Primary schools in both areas. The nearest high school is at Mordialloc.

The private schools which are in the vicinity are Kilbreda Catholic Girls School, Mentone Grammar, St Bedes Catholic Boys School, Haileybury, St Leonards.

I attended Aspendale Medical Clinic the whole time we lived there and received very good care there.

I shopped at Parkmore shopping centre mainly as it was closer although Mordialloc has a large Safeway store and numerous shops as well. Its not that far to go up to Southland.

Archived