Sponsor parent to live in Oz

Guest adelyn

Hi,

I am a 457 visa holder. I have two boys age 9 and 10, studying in primary school. Me and my husband need to work full time and hope that my parent will help to take care of my kids.

Any one know that is that possible to sponsor my parent to stay in australia? As I know currently they only allow to stay here for up to 3 months.

Please advice.

Thanks.

Guest JoanneHattersley

U must be a permanent resident for 2 years before you can sponsor them.

How many kids do mum and dad have and where do they live? They MUST meet the balance of family test before anything else.

PS- I sponsored my parents on a contributory parent visa

U must be a permanent resident for 2 years before you can sponsor them.

How many kids do mum and dad have and where do they live? They MUST meet the balance of family test before anything else.

PS- I sponsored my parents on a contributory parent visa

Five of us, but only me stay in Australia, the rest still in Malaysia. I got no relative here to look after my kids, so, I hope to apply them to stay here for few years till my kids get to high school.

I am not a PR here as well, is that possible?

Ade

Guest lovediving
Five of us, but only me stay in Australia, the rest still in Malaysia. I got no relative here to look after my kids, so, I hope to apply them to stay here for few years till my kids get to high school.

Ade

Doubt it, think they are cracking down on that now.

Guest JoanneHattersley
Five of us, but only me stay in Australia, the rest still in Malaysia.

The balance of family test indicates that 1/2 the kids must be in Oz for Mum and Dad to pass it. That is not possible with you.

I got no relative here to look after my kids, so, I hope to apply them to stay here for few years till my kids get to high school.

You definately CANNOT sponsor them until you have PR. Have you applied for PR? How long have you been here? Will your company sponsor you for PR?

You will have to look at other visas. I`ll try and fix you up with some links....

Family - Visas & Immigration

Parent Visa Processing Priorities - Family - Visas & Immigration

Parent Migration Booklet

Australian Immigration Fact Sheet 39. Family Stream Migration - Contributory parent category visas

Try and get a consultation with an agent to examine yours and their options. A lot of agents will give a free initial consultation.

Contributory parent visa will definately NOT be an option adn i am pretty sure that they would have to meet the Balance of family test for ANY parent visa.

Hi,

No, I am just here for 4 months. I don't think company will sponsor me for PR, but I will try to apply myself after I work here for a year. The only thing I concern is how should I put my kids? They can't stay at home by themself because still too young, and if my husband quit his job to take care of them, is a bit easy as well to base on single income.

Now they still in my country as my in-laws taking care of them, but I miss them very much. What should I do? Any advice?

Thanks.

Guest JoanneHattersley

If you are just here for 4 months you probably wont get PR! You need to speak with a migration agent . If you have your kids here then tehy can surely go into day care!

Archived