Salary WA Senior Draftsperson

Guest TenaciousRichie

Guest TenaciousRichie

Just wonder what the going rate is for a senior draftie 10+ years experience. looking to work in WA in the Structural engineering field

Just wonder what the going rate is for a senior draftie 10+ years experience. looking to work in WA in the Structural engineering field

I wouldn't count on a stack of work here at the moment. My husband is a stuctural draftie/CAD Admin person and although he is in work the resource companies are laying off people left right and centre. If you are a contractor and you were lucky enough to get a start then if you have good experience particularly in either PDS or PDMS then you might get about $70 per hour. During the boom you could get over $100 and hour but those days are well and truly gone.

Guest TenaciousRichie

I've secured a job for a large engineering company but don't start till June, do you reckon Perth are likely to see more redunancies in the future? I wonder if I would be considered for redunancy even though I haven't actually started there yet but have a signed contract?

I've secured a job for a large engineering company but don't start till June, do you reckon Perth are likely to see more redunancies in the future? I wonder if I would be considered for redunancy even though I haven't actually started there yet but have a signed contract?

Signing a contract means didly here. My husband works for Woodside and they are talking about laying people off. Rio are laying people off. You are taking a huge gamble coming at the moment, particularly if you are on a temp visa where if they lay you off you have 28 days to find another sponsor or ship out. Big risk right now.

Archived