need more info

clubby67

Hi all need some information, my two daughter's passports have just expired they were child ones, is it best to renew them before we apply for our cpv or will it not matter at this stage.

Also is the assurance of support payable at the same time as the 2nd vac.

Thanks hope someone can help.

Clubby67 (Wilma):wacko:

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi all need some information, my two daughter's passports have just expired they were child ones, is it best to renew them before we apply for our cpv or will it not matter at this stage.

Also is the assurance of support payable at the same time as the 2nd vac.

Thanks hope someone can help.

Clubby67 (Wilma):wacko:

Hello Wilma

Yes you should renew the children's passports before you apply for the visas.

The Assurance of Support is put into place and the Bond deposited with the Commonwealth Bank about a month or two before the CPV is granted, usually. The CO asks for the Assurance of Support once s/he is satisfied that the Balance of Family is OK and the meds and police checks are OK. When the AoS is complete and the Bond has been lodged, Centrelink notify DIAC. The CO then asks you for the 2nd Installment - the bg money. Once that is paid the visa is then granted.

However, a couple of points, please.

Am I right in thinking that Hubby is the father of four children in total - 2 in Australia and 2 in the UK? You are the mother of 2 children only, being 2 daughters born to you and Hubby and these two girls live in the UK? Do either of you and Hubby have any other children besides the 4 I have mentioned?

Secondly, how old are you and OH please, Clubby? If you are under 55, what are your occupations, please? I know the Visa Wizard pushed you towards Parent migration but this might not be your only option. Depending on your ages and occupations, skilled migration might be possible instead. If it is possible then it would be a lot quicker and a lot cheaper, hence my question.

Best wishes

Gill

Hello Wilma

Yes you should renew the children's passports before you apply for the visas.

The Assurance of Support is put into place and the Bond deposited with the Commonwealth Bank about a month or two before the CPV is granted, usually. The CO asks for the Assurance of Support once s/he is satisfied that the Balance of Family is OK and the meds and police checks are OK. When the AoS is complete and the Bond has been lodged, Centrelink notify DIAC. The CO then asks you for the 2nd Installment - the bg money. Once that is paid the visa is then granted.

However, a couple of points, please.

Am I right in thinking that Hubby is the father of four children in total - 2 in Australia and 2 in the UK? You are the mother of 2 children only, being 2 daughters born to you and Hubby and these two girls live in the UK? Do either of you and Hubby have any other children besides the 4 I have mentioned?

Secondly, how old are you and OH please, Clubby? If you are under 55, what are your occupations, please? I know the Visa Wizard pushed you towards Parent migration but this might not be your only option. Depending on your ages and occupations, skilled migration might be possible instead. If it is possible then it would be a lot quicker and a lot cheaper, hence my question.

Best wishes

Gill

Thanks for the reply.

No there are no more children just the 4.

My hubby is 58 and I am 41 and to busy being a housewife to get skills although I have two part time jobs.

Archived