Packages

Guest jogrant3232

Guest jogrant3232

Hi i have a package that weights about 6 kilos that i need to send to the UK from Perth, has anyone sent similar or no who will transport if for me and if poss a rough price

Guest proud2beaussie

Australia Post by sea would be the cheapest at about $65.00,but take 6 weeks to at the most 12 weeks,Australia Post Air Mail would take about 10 days but cost about $130.00 ,you could use a company like DHL and they will do it in about 5 days but will cost about $300.00.

In terms of charging zones Australia is in Zone A and the UK is classed as rest of the world-Zone D

(Thats for Australia Post/Royal Mail)

I doubt that you wil find a courier company that would charge less than $300.00 that DHL charge but you could look on the internet.

Failing that contact an airline and ask about charges for unaccompanied baggage-they will put it on the next plane if you could get someone like a courier to collect it in the UK,unaccompanied baggage for 6 kilos would be about $100.00.

HTH

N'OZ

Edited to add: Just checked the DHL site-6.0 kilos Perth to UK is $313.07

Guest jogrant3232

Thanks , all questions answered.

PIO at its best

uote=NIGELINOZ;434620]Australia Post by sea would be the cheapest at about $65.00,but take 6 weeks to at the most 12 weeks,Australia Post Air Mail would take about 10 days but cost about $130.00 ,you could use a company like DHL and they will do it in about 5 days but will cost about $300.00.

In terms of charging zones Australia is in Zone A and the UK is classed as rest of the world-Zone D

(Thats for Australia Post/Royal Mail)

I doubt that you wil find a courier company that would charge less than $300.00 that DHL charge but you could look on the internet.

Failing that contact an airline and ask about charges for unaccompanied baggage-they will put it on the next plane if you could get someone like a courier to collect it in the UK,unaccompanied baggage for 6 kilos would be about $100.00.

HTH

N'OZ

Edited to add: Just checked the DHL site-6.0 kilos Perth to UK is $313.07

Guest proud2beaussie

If you like you can go to:

http://www1.auspost.com.au/download/ms160.pdf

to calculate the charges for yourself to see how close I am in my estimates of Sea vs Air Mail.

If memory serves there is a set price for up packages up to 2000 Grams (2 Kilos) and a price per 500 Grams (0.5 kilo) on top of that.so the price would be whatever the cost for 2 kilos is plus 8 times the cost of 500 Grams ,and add the two together to get the price.

Archived